Search Unity

[v2.0 soon] Racing Game Starter Kit - Easily create racing games!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ian094, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

thats gr8 news... looking forward to beta...:rolleyes: i was planing to start on some other project but i think i can wait a bit...
    cause I love to play my own game I develop. Like if i wont enjoy my own game how can someone else will.. ;)

AbhishekRaj and Ian094 like this.
  2. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Hello, I have this great and well done asset, I have sent you the Invoice number with PM

I know that it has already included the buy/unlock new cars and scenes with currency, but I want to ask how to integrate my own currency, I mean that I am using the IAP Manager PRO asset from asset store and want to use it to be able to buy the cars and scenes with this IAP manager instead of the one included inside the Racing Game Starter kit

So please I want to ask would it be possible to do it ?

The problem I see with this is that the IAP Manager Pro is based on individual buttons, I mean that there should be one different button for each car or scene, so this way the IAP can recognize each one of the object to buy/unlock, but Racing Game Starter kit has just ONE single buy button for all and what changes is the description and prices, not the button.

Thanks very much for any possible help

I wish you all the best for the new 2.0 version

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  3. Ian094

Ian094

Thank you for your support!

Check your PM.

SpaceRay likes this.
  4. Max1982

Max1982

Hi everybody!

Can somebody help? I have a technical problem with shadows. When I use unity 5.4.1 and import app on iPad soft shadows are fine, but in Unity 5.6.3 and 5.6.4 the shadows looks like waving on the ground when car is moving.
    I was looking for solution but I dont know whats going on? There is a new feature in Unity 5.6 or what? On editor looks fine, but on device it looks bad.

Please help!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

That's really a great news. I had also halted my project because of v2. Looks like the update is just a bit away.

Have you decided on any release date yet?

6. Ian094

Ian094

Yeah, just a few things to sort out now. I wont give an exact release date but expect to see a post here the second beta is ready & available.

Thank you.

7. Max1982

Max1982

Hi Intense_Gamer94,,

In v. 1.1.0 theres an option to change wheels colors (via textures files, like body car textures) in main menu. Could you add this cool addon to v2.0?

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  8. Max1982

Max1982

BUMP. The topis is .... dead?

9. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I think he is very busy finishing the V2.0 so this is why he may not answering now, he maybe could want to finish before the near festive days if possible

10. Max1982

Max1982

I hope you are right. If there is a problem with 2.0, and publisher change mind and doesnt want to upgrade the asset, I think that he should tell it. Nothing will happend, but this hope and waiting for something that never will be release - it is not fair.

Neviah likes this.
  11. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

he can also go with upgrade option, most people will upgrade from v1 to v2.0. but free upgrade is always nice ;)

Max1982 and AbhishekRaj like this.
  12. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Now, we desperately need to have some concrete info on the release date.

This wait is turning insane. One can't wait forever for the update.

Atzig and Neviah like this.
  13. Max1982

Max1982

Nothing can do. Realistic Car Controller and Racing Game Template are also waiting for update.

14. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

is there any topic regarding Realistic Car Controller update topic..?

15. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Yes, some videos on the publisher's youtube channel.

16. Max1982

Max1982

Hi guys, for everyone who are waiting for v2.0, I think that I have bad news. Dont expect to see this update.
    Do you remember my previous post few weeks ago, that I wrote to dont expect 2.0 before Christmas? Now it looks that I was right.
    But since two days ago, I understand that RGSK is over. No more update. i bought few months ago Fast Traffic System asset. Now, this assset is no more available in the store. Also, developer deleted his account.
    The same situation maybe with RGSK.
    Intense Gamer did a really good job, his first updates was really good. But last time he gave hope and promises.
    I cant see changelog v 2.0 which existes in previous post. It looks like this post was deleted by developer.
    Why I write this? Because I want to tell you stop waiting, and look another asset, which help you making racing games. Best regards for all of you guys!

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  17. Atzig

Atzig

What happened two days ago that ended RGSK or is this a suspicion you have? The change log is on page 13 of this thread btw.

18. magique

magique

Talk about jumping to insane conclusions without evidence. Sorry, but I think I'll wait for the author to tell us the status.

19. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

The author should tell us. Where are you @Intense_Gamer94?

Atzig and Max1982 like this.
  20. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

yea, i wouldn't come to conclusions so quick.

SpaceRay and blakeysal like this.
  21. obstudio

obstudio

:D for 99% he's having Christmas time

22. Max1982

Max1982

Ok, so lets wait one more year to new update rgsk - 2019? But wait - No, maybe 2020.
    And for multiplayer one more year. So maybe in 2021 we will see multiplayer in RGSK.
    Maybe. Till this time there will have a few better assets than RGSK.
    If someone has a time, and dont need to hurry with the projects thats ok.
    Second - if someone promises something and then change release date ten (?) times, so I think that something is wrong. But maybe again I talk about insane conlusions.

Atzig and AbhishekRaj like this.
  23. magique

magique

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

24. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

I am very sorry to say but I am truly disappointed with the way this asset has progressed. I am now fed up with these false promises and lies.

The developer's silence on all this chaos means that the allegations above are true and our money and time both are gone.

R.I.P Racing Game Starter Kit.

25. Atzig

Atzig

Why would he tell us if the asset is dead? It still works, he can still make money off of it.

Max1982 likes this.
  26. magique

magique

He gave an update not that long ago and said he was sorting a few things out and we'd all know the second that the beta was ready. So now he's off working hard to get everyone the beta. So there is no reason to think this is dead.

Look, I'm the one that pointed out that he told me 2.0 would be ready in 2 weeks and that was over a year ago, but clearly he's not given up and is just taking a very long time to deliver. To his credit he's stopped predicting dates.

blakeysal likes this.
  27. Atzig

Atzig

That's true but that's what he's been saying since 2.0 was announced. Personally, I don't think the asset is dead but it seems to be on that track. There hasn't been activity on his account in two weeks, very slow in responding to support requests on this forum, if he responds at all.

I get it though, his life is not this asset, software development is hard, good things take time etc etc etc. At this point, the only reason I check this forum is to see if the new version gets released at all.

28. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Life is hard and so is software development but shouldn't the author tell us about the problems which are causing delay since one year.

Frankly speaking, now I am beginning to suspect that if v2 was just a hoax. Something which never ever started.... Unfortunately, we will never know the reality behind this.

29. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I agree with you, that I do not think that he may be trying to hide himself and trying to fool all the 1.0 buyers, is just that in these days are the festive holidays and he may want to have a rest.

I know that it have been a long time waiting for the update, but I think that this is for real, and not something he invented, and as developer you do not know exactly when it going to be finished, only a rough idea, as when finishing it can happen that unexpected things may happen or arise when testing.

I do not think at all that this asset is dead at all, and is still available.

Do not know why he has not told something since 10 December, and there must be a reason, but not think that is something bad related to the asset not being updated.

30. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Will he keep enjoying till the next Christmas? Which festive celebration doesn't give one atleast a few minutes to post an update on the forum?

It looks like @Max1982 is right and we will never see the Update. This is a truly heartbreaking incident and it shows us the dark side of Unity Assets and the lies behind them.

Atzig and Max1982 like this.
  31. Max1982

Max1982

I told you a few months ago, that we will not see RKSK 2.0 update before Christmas? No one believe me...
    But we shouldn't be angry for developer so much, because we paid for asset v.1.1, and this is his goodwill to update this package.
    Bad thing is that he gave a hope, and since 10 December he close the support for his asset. I wish he dont delete his asset from asset store and will not close this forum when he login again on his account.
    Maybe it is good point to start looking for another racing asset

AbhishekRaj and Atzig like this.
  32. Atzig

Atzig

I remember that post, and I remember thinking that Christmas was too far away and v2 would be out long before that but here we are.

33. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Totally agree with you guys. I can relate to every mentioned posts of yours. This incident has shaken my belief from the developer community. Some of the developers are so greedy that they don't even value the sentiment of people.

I had purchased this asset just because of v2. Sad week for us!

Max1982 and Atzig like this.
  34. magique

magique

Get a life, people and move on. It'll be ready when it's ready.

toto2003 likes this.
  35. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Please stop this rubbish. Give a life to the developer who has lied to us! And if you can't, then just stop hurting us more with your words.

36. Atzig

Atzig

People want to know what is going on with this asset and they deserve to know. And honestly, most people have run out of patience. If that's an issue for you then just stop following this thread and keep an eye on the asset store for the beta instead.

37. Felicityinc

Felicityinc

I think one of us should email him regarding this.
    That's the only way we could reach him.

38. Atzig

Atzig

I just sent him an email, if he answers I'll post it here.

39. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

It's of no use. I had sent him an email 3 days ago but I have not received any reply as of now.

40. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I agree that there should not come to final conclusions if you do not know really what happens

I wish that it is not, but there could be another reason for not answering, maybe he has had an accident and can not answer because of this and may be in the hospital, although I hope that this is not the case.

41. Felicityinc

Felicityinc

Guys please stop making assumptions.
    He will update it when he can.
    I've been waiting for this update too. But we can't do anything.
    All we can do rn is wait for his email or reply to this thread.
    Best of luck to y'all.

42. magique

magique

You are the ones spouting rubbish. Just stop already. It's polluting this thread and is totally uncalled for.

toto2003 likes this.
  43. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

I don't know what is the relation between you and the developer of this asset but let me clarify one thing, I have not got this asset as a gift and I had paid my hard earned money for it. So, I have the right to know about this update. If you have any problem, then just unsubscribe this thread.

44. magique

magique

Look, I'm the one who told people a long time ago that this version 2.0 was supposed to be done over a year ago and not to hold your breath for it. But to make false accusations that the developer has lied to you and has abandoned his asset is unprofessional and just plain ludicrous. I have absolutely no relationship to the developer whatsoever. If you have a problem with me refuting your baseless claims then just ignore me.

Felicityinc likes this.
  45. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

OMG, Lets stop this guys, have a break and enjoy our NEW YEAR... :)

46. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

I am not falsely blaming the developer. He had been telling all of us to wait since a long time. How can you explain his absence since 10th December?

My claims are not baseless at all. I have been in touch with him since a long time over PM. He had repeatedly told me to wait.

Anyways, I don't want to argue with you further. You are not the developer of RGSK so ideally you should not feel offended.

47. magique

magique

He's a human being who needs a little break over the holiday and would rather work on getting you 2.0 than give another update every 5 minutes.

Then maybe you should wait.

I'm not offended. I'm just tired of the pointless banter. Have some patience. The 2.0 update will be ready when it's ready.

SpaceRay likes this.
  48. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

He should at least update once about the issue. Why is he not understanding the seriousness of the matter?

I have been waiting since a few months. Heck, some of us are waiting since a year. There is a limit, both for patience and lies.

49. magique

magique

It's not a serious matter. That's where you're all confused. He's been working on this for over a year. It takes time. It'll be done when it's done. If you have the current version then you have what you need to make racing games. Technically he doesn't have to update his asset at all and he isn't obligated to make it for free either. But he's doing both. He's just one guy. Give him a break and take a break and be patient.

Yep, I've been waiting over a year. I've been patient the whole time. It'll be done when it's done.

He never lied to anyone.

SpaceRay likes this.
  50. speedy19802

speedy19802

Hello . I'm also waiting for the updat for a long time. But he is only one person. and it is difficult to handle everything alone. If he did release it, we could help him fix it. people.the updat will definitely come. give it some time. you know how it is. to program something good.

toto2003 and Mayureshete like this.