Search Unity

[v2.0 BETA] Racing Game Starter Kit - Easily create racing games!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ian094, Jun 30, 2015.

1. facundogalella

facundogalella

In that video I have a 2nd canvas, here I tried the same but I can't make this canvas work, some script to make it possible is missing.

2. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

I think that you should put the speedo console in a spearate UI panel and then move that panel only.

3. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I dnt know if I am getting it right to the topic, but the ui you wanted to get on the dashboard, make it on a completely separate canvas, then, in that 2nd canvas set render mode to world space.... and make that canvas child to the dashboard and set to 0 transform position in x y z. then set it from there for simplicity purpose...

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  4. facundogalella

facundogalella

Yes, I made this and the dashboard looks good, but doesn't work because I need a script.

I tried duplicating the Race UI gameobject and setting this objects in Racing UI of Race UI script. But the car doesn't exist in the scene (is instatiated) so, doesn't work

5. Freznosis

Freznosis

I think you are going about that approach all wrong. Add some extra text objects to your already existing car dashboard and position them accordingly. Then write your own script to take the values from the UI/Race script and format them to the Text objects.

facundogalella likes this.
  6. facundogalella

facundogalella

Thank you, seems perfect. I have my canvas as a child of my steering wheel (SWheel), so I can't use this gameobjects directly in a script.

I'm not a programmer and this work sounds more hard than the dashboard of the pick up of my video of yesterday.

sshot-2.jpg

7. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

Another Capture From My Upcoming Game. Can anyone come up with a script that rotate cubemap on car speed like csr racing?

Cover.png

Mayureshete likes this.
  8. magique

magique

9. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Looks really nice. The environment is also very beautiful. Which 3D model did you use for the SUV? It looks really perfect.

10. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

Thanks. I used Ford Raptor Model for this SUV.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  11. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

For the car shader, if I use real-time reflections then become very expensive for mobile device . So I want to use static cubemap. Which will rotate on car speed so it will increase the performance and it seems it will look like sort of Real-time reflections. As I am a 3D artist, I don’t know about coding. I am looking exactly like the thread. Can any one help me about this?

12. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

13. Arts-Apu

Arts-Apu

14. toto2003

toto2003

let s be honest, your comment is uselest, being a one man working on this asset and knowing the amount of feature that need to be implement, test, fix, you can let him do his own way, even change his roadmap. i wouldn t play the blaming game knowing the price of the asset, if you want to get something quick you can just hire a programmor . This dev should really open a patreon as he disserve much more for the amount of work he put into it for "free" for whoever purchase this asset few years ago. I really think this should be a new asset to be honest so he can benefit from it. And i m not even talking about the support he provide here in this forum.
    that s my 2cents.

go grab a beer and chill dude.

Ian094 likes this.
  15. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Has anyone tried using RGSK in City Driving games? I want to use RGSK for a city car driving game but my main worry is AI. Are the AI Cars capable enough to simulate a city traffic?

The reason I want to use RGSK is that I want to integrate rewards and other features which can be easily configured through RGSK.

16. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

What about those who have bought this asset recently only because v2 has been announced?

Sorry mate, but your idea is totally controversial. I don't think that anyone will agree to your thought.

The update should never be in the form of a new asset. People are buying existing RGSK v1 and you want them to pay twice. That's not the way software industry works. He can increase the price if he want but the existing customers should not be cheated in any way. Yes, his support is awesome and I have personally experienced it and that's also one of the main reasons because of which RGSK is so popular among us. It takes a lot of time to build a brand.

Atzig, magique and Ian094 like this.
  17. Ian094

Ian094

The AI in v1.x.x are not capable of this nor will the AI in v2.0.

The AI in RGSK are specifically designed for racing on a race track.

I would recommend taking a look at iTS for traffic simulation:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/23564

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  18. toto2003

toto2003

so you buy an old product and expect a forever update? if that so then it should be in a form of subscription like unity does, for unhappy costumer you can still get a refund if you re not happy with the already awesome rgsk1. but seriously people expect hours and hours of work for free and quick, and on top they find a way to blame.

19. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Yes, I had used iTS earlier. It's also a wonderful asset. I didn't knew that I can integrate it with RGSK. Thanks for your suggestion, I will surely try this.

20. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

First of all, we are not blaming anyone. How come you thought that anyone wants a refund? I can't see a single post in this whole thread where anyone has even used the word 'refund' except you.

Secondly, if you notice the version number closely, RGSK is going to get its first major update after its release. So, it's not that we want the updates forever for free.

There is no point in arguing further. The developer has to decide if he wants to update the previous version or release an entirely new asset. I think that he has decided to update RGSK which is beneficial for all of us.

21. magique

magique

Can people stop already with the "poor, poor developer" routine? And the asset subscription promoting? If a developer does not want to publish under the Unity store revenue model then no one is forcing him. If a developer wants more money from an upgrade then he simply publishes a radical new version and charges a new fee with a possible upgrade pricing scheme. If he wants to release a major update for free then that's his decision.

Atzig and AbhishekRaj like this.
  22. Atzig

Atzig

You have clearly misunderstood my comment. Honestly, support for the asset has been great, the asset itself is great but we've been given a lot of promises about release dates for v2 and unfortunately, the dev hasn't been able to hit those dates. And it's gotten to the point that some of us have shelved our racing projects. It's frustrating for us waiting as well as the dev. If he wants to sell it as a new asset, charge an upgrade fee or otherwise get more money, that's his call. However, since v2 was promised a long time ago to be a free update, charging for it now would draw the ire of his existing customers. And I certainly wasn't blaming him for anything.

toto2003 and AbhishekRaj like this.
  23. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Guys Lets Focus on the Hype of the update and get the developer's motivation going...

JamesArndt and AbhishekRaj like this.
  24. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Obviously! That's the real point. No off topic posts from now on.

toto2003 and Mayureshete like this.
  25. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to get the RGSK Mobil UI to work with RCC?

I have my RCC player and AI cars working with RGSK in the editor, but when I follow the Youtube tutorial to add the Mobile UI it shows setting it up with the RGSK vehicle physics only.

Also, anyone know how to use the RCC Camera and not the RGSK camera, I would like to use the RCC TPS camera mode.

Thanks!

Greg

26. blakeysal

blakeysal

Greg-Bassett

Drag the RCCCanvas to your Hierarchy
    \Assets\RealisticCarControllerV3\Prefabs\UI\RCCCanvas.prefab
    then tools menu use Bonecracker/realistic car controller/edit RCC settings and change Keyborad to moblie deactivate what u dont want 2 use in RCCCanvas

27. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

That works, but I want to use the RGSK mobile UI?

28. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Ignore me, I can merge the two UI's! ;)

29. toto2003

toto2003

let s move on, and it will be a good lesson for the dev if he want to release RGSK 3 :), here some hint could be multiplayer add-on

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    AbhishekRaj likes this.
  30. Max1982

Max1982

Hi,
    anybody use Photon from RCC v3 with RGSK. Will it work?

Greg-Bassett likes this.
  31. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Me again... the Pause UI button is not working for me? when I click it at runtime I can see the Button Pressed checkbox check on the UI Button script, but its not causing RaceState of the RaceManager to change to RaceState.Paused?

Any ideas?

32. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Sorted! It's because the RCC cars don't have the RGSK Player Control script added to them even though I have added the RGSK Player components via the Window\RGSK\Vehicle Configuration\External Vehicle Physics menu.

The implementation of RCC into RGSK isn't quite 100% out the box, but its close enough for me... ;)

33. Atzig

Atzig

Actually, there's a package you have to import under RacingGameStarterKit->Other->Integrations->RCC which should fix the issues you're having.

34. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Yeah, I imported that to be able to get my RCC cars working with RGSK. It's just these little bits with getting the UI to work etc and RCC Settings and RCC Camera.

It's fine though I am getting it all integrated as I go...

35. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Hi,

Can you please list down the exact sequence you followed for integrating RGSK with RCC. I had tried this multiple times but I was unsuccessful everytime:D

It will be really helpful.

36. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Sure, give me a few days...

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  37. Apposl

Apposl

Hello, I'm about to purchase as this kit covers basically all my needs - I'm just curious on two things and if there's any huge reason why I wouldn't be 1) able to have an open map and just let a player drive around it (no course, just drive around a city map) and 2) multiplayer functionality, perhaps with another recommended asset?

I'm going to go through this thread also, I'm just on slow internet and wanted to ask first. Thank you!

EDIT: I do think having an open map and using this kit to allow a PC to drive around is obviously easily accomplished. I'm just uptight when it comes to spending money and verifying. :)

38. Ian094

Ian094

Hello,

1) This would be possible but you don't need this asset to achieve this. The Racing Game Starter Kit is intended for creating track based racing games.

2) Multiplayer is not currently available. Multiplayer is in the roadmap and will be implemented sometime next year.

Thanks for your interest.

39. Apposl

Apposl

Oh absolutely, I totally want the track based aspect, I just also wanted a bit of an open roam type of map setup or option as well. Not a deal breaker. And great to hear future MP functionality. Thanks so much for the fast reply, it's not like money's burning a hole in my pocket on Cyber Monday or anything.. :)

40. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Hi,

It's me again!
    Anyone of you who have successfully integrated RGSK with Realistic Car Controller? Can you please post the steps here?

I am unable to integrate them successfully. I had done as per described in the manual but somehow it is not working for me.

41. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Quoting my own post!

Please help me guys, my new game is ready except the integration of RCC.

42. Atzig

Atzig

What's the specific issue you're having? RCC and RGSK are fairly easy to integrate.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  43. AbhishekRaj

AbhishekRaj

Whenever I integrate the cars and load them from the provided menu scene, either the car doesn't spawn or the rotation is all messed up.

One more confusion is about the Camera and UI Canvas. Can I assign the RCC Camera in the Camera Manager gameObject? Will I have to merge the two UI's?

44. Atzig

Atzig

Cars not loading could, unfortunately, be a number of things. Make sure your prefabs are in the correct folder RGSK->Resources->PlayerVehicles. In your MenuManager script, under MenuVehicles -> "YourVehicleName" make sure the Resource Name field matches your prefab name EXACTLY otherwise it most likely won't load. And lastly, in your race scene, find your Race Manager, scroll down to Misc. Settings and make sure the Load Race Preferences is marked true.

I've never had any issues with assigning RCC's camera to the camera manager, just make sure it's assigned to the Player Camera field. I've also never had any reason to merge the UI's, there's no need.

Edit: I think I'm mistaken about the LoadRacePreferences bool.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  45. nahid246

nahid246

Facing a Problem in Vehicle Customization. Car texture not working Properly. use Asset Vehicle it's working fine .When putting my Vehicle model Material and texture goes to the wrong color in vehicle model. how can I solve this problem ??Is there anyone can help me. also, can I use texture an alternate material as a Body color.

46. eclyptik

eclyptik

Hi, need to know if feedback force is integrate in RCC ? if i can use my racing Wheel directly without problem of scripting ? Please let me know .

47. eclyptik

eclyptik

not in RCC but in this Racing Game Kit ? sorry

48. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Force feedback is not supported yet.

Racing wheels are not supported out of the box so you will either need to setup the Unity Input Manager with the axes of your wheel or use Rewired.

Setting up the Unity Input Manager axes can be quite a complicated task. I managed setup a Logitech G920 some time ago. I've attached the map below if you need it.

Attached Files:

JamesArndt likes this.
  49. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

So.... how is V2 coming along? Any new updates?

50. Ian094

Ian094

Hi,

Yes, almost there now.

I decided to rework the AI system using a finite state machine and it's going really well. I am working on race and overtake states at the moment. In future, I'll extend it to have a chase state, block state, draft state etc.

The development is finally coming to a close and I'm grateful for all the patience you and everyone-else has had.