Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets Doors+ Pro V1.3.0 [UPDATE]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by alexanderameye, Mar 8, 2017.

1. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Hey! I submitted the V1.2.0 update to the store. It should be live within a few days. This update will come with a price increase from 9.99 USD to 11.99 USD.

This update mainly includes.
    • Updated trigger zone visuals
    • Color and non-color mode UI's
    • Button input instead of key-only input
    • Scene overlay toolbar
    • Removed the 'door tag' requirement
    • Audio preview mode
    • Rotation curve presets
    • New support window
    • Hierarchy POI visualizations
    • Bug fixes and general improvements
    • Improved store visuals
    • Extended support for older Unity version
    I'm also trying to do some work on V1.2.1 update but this will probably be for the fall/winter because I'll be extremely busy with irl stuff for the coming months. I do what I can :)

Thank you for the continued support! If you check the main post of this forum thread you can see some of the updated visuals I created for the store page.

Alex

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Asset Update

The V1.2.0 update has just been accepted. Enjoy!

Let me know if you run into any issues. alexanderameye@gmail.com

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Development Update

I'd like to let you guys that the coming few months I won't be working actively on this door system. I'm currently focusing on uni work + the V3.0 update for my other asset RockStudio. I'm also working on another asset at the moment and even a game. I like to switch between projects to keep my motivation going, thank you for understanding.

I will start working on the V1.3.0 update sometime in October/November. Of course I'm still available for support or bug fixes for this asset. V1.3.0 will bring much wanted new features. I will also focus on making the asset files and scripts better structured and I'll be rewriting some code as well.

Thank you for purchasing Doors+!

Alex

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  4. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Excuse me but can you have it so A.I can walk through doors as well? As I have an idea for an FPS/RTS and the player and Head enemy A.I will be able to get into bunkers and control their units as well as get into hovertanks I want to be able to enable the player and A.I to drive their hovertanks into their bunkers and sliding doors would be great. Also I would like mobile factories to have sliding doors so that when the tanks are made the pilots drive out from the factories Doors can that also be done?

5. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Excuse me but can you have it so A.I can walk through doors as well? As I have an idea for an FPS/RTS and the player and Head enemy A.I will be able to get into bunkers and control their units as well as get into hovertanks I want to be able to enable the player and A.I to drive their hovertanks into their bunkers and sliding doors would be great. Also I would like mobile factories to have sliding doors so that when the tanks are made the pilots drive out from the factories Doors can that also be done?

Plus could you make it so you would need like a key or with sliding doors a code so you could get into an enemy base?

6. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Hello! Yeah you can make AI walk through it. The door just checks every entity in front of it and lets it pass if all the parameters are met. You really have a lot of options to do these kind of things. For example you could set it up so that the door checks for the name of the entity that tries to go through the door, and if it's the name of the AI, the door will open. What you could also do is make a script called 'KeyScript', and when the player picks up a key somewhere in the game, you add that script to the player. So then he can open all the doors that check for the 'KeyScript' parameter.

Here is an image with all the parameters you can check for.

In the current version, there is no support for sliding doors or keypads. I'm going to start working on V1.3 soon enough and I'll try to add in those features.

I hope that answers your questions!

Regards,

Alex

7. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK thank you very much I will try that out thanks and I will buy your asset

8. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Status Update

University is demanding a lot from me, especially time-wise, but I just created a roadmap for future version of Doors+! Work in progress :)

Roadmap

Bartolomeus755 and Duffer123 like this.
  9. pbrowne

pbrowne

Great asset! Glad I bought it (IN010200386993...). One question:

I have double saloon doors. How would I set this up so both doors swing open and then close after entering?

10. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Hey! Thank you for purchasing the asset.

For the saloon doors you can/should do this.

1) Add the door script to both parts of the saloon doors, the script will automatically change the hierarchy

upload_2018-10-26_12-14-59.png

2) Locate the objects with the door script on them. TIP: If you go to Edit>Preferences>Doors+ V1.2.0, you can enable hierarchy icons so you quickly see where the door scripts are located in the hierarchy

upload_2018-10-26_12-17-11.png

3) Go to the rotations tab and add a single rotation. Also enable 'reset on leave'. Do this for both doors. You might have to play around a bit with the angles and the pivot point positions of your doors since I don't know how they are configured.

upload_2018-10-26_12-19-20.png

4) Go to the trigger zones and scale the trigger zones so that they take up the same space. This way they will act as 'one' trigger zone for both parts of the door.

upload_2018-10-26_12-21-2.png

upload_2018-10-26_12-20-49.png

That should be it!

Here is a short gif of what I managed to set up with simple cube primitives in Unity.

If you need more assistance, feel free to mail me at alexanderameye@gmail.com.

Regards,

Alex

You could also set it up with swing rotations so that the saloon doors always open in the direction of where the player is facing as seen in this gif.

11. pbrowne

pbrowne

Fantastic! Many thanks for your help and great support!

alexanderameye likes this.
  12. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Improved Simplicity

I found a bit of time here and there to work on some stuff. I fixed some bugs, made some minor improvements, but mainly, I redesigned a whole part of the asset/ Before, the asset relied on a complex hierarchy structure where you had parent>door>rotation>trigger zone.

I reworked the scripts so that you can work with a single parent>child setup like this.

Alex

Bartolomeus755 and Duffer123 like this.
  13. Duffer123

Duffer123

@alexanderameye ,

Hi Alex, How compatible is this asset with the 3d forge Village Exteriors Kit? How easy is it to implement this asset with that one? (and Village Interiors Kit)?

14. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Hello,

Doors+ is compatible with the doors in the 3D Forge kits. All of the doors have their hinges correctly positioned so just make sure that in the pivot position located under door settings is set to correctly positioned.

If you run into any issues, let me know at alexanderameye@gmail.com.

Regards,

Alex

Duffer123 likes this.
  15. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Small Update

I now added a menu entry that allows you to quickly add in a door object in your scene with a handy placement tool. You will be able to set up what kind of preset for the door you want to use and quickly spawn it in your scene.

On another note, thank you for the support the past month. There was a small sale and a lot of people purchased the asset :)

Alex

eaque likes this.
  16. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Draggable Doors

I started working on draggable doors!

Draggable doors are scheduled to be added in V1.5.0.

Alex

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  17. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Restructure

Another big restructure coming to Doors+ V1.3.0. In the upcoming version of Doors+, I will make it so that you have 2 types of door scripts.

1. Swing Door
    2. Default Door

This has several advantages. It allows me to add more types of doors in a structured way. Secondly it allows me to make better editor UI's for the different types of doors since I don't have to make one single UI fit for all types of doors.

In the future, you can expect more door types to be supported and have their own scripts like 'Draggable Door' or 'Sliding Door'.

If you're interested, check out the roadmap. One important thing to note is that V1.3.0 will come with a price increase to $15.00.

Regards,
    Alex

manpower13 likes this.
  18. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Sliding Doors

Sliding doors coming in the next update, a much requested feature :)
    I'm also very proud of how clean these new hierarchy structures look!

upload_2018-12-24_17-23-6.png upload_2018-12-24_17-23-24.png

Will work very similarly to what you're used to. Just with different settings.

Regards,

Alex

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  19. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

V1.3.0 new features

Here is a quick summary of all the currently planned features that will come in V1.3.0. The update is planned for March. It will probably be done before that, but creating promotional imagery and videos takes some time.

• New hierarchy structure
    • Improved trigger zone visuals
    • Component based structure
    • Sliding door support
    • 'How to get started' window
    • 3rd person raycasting support
    • Increase 3rd party door support
    • New text system
    • Support for multiple door sounds
    • New demo scene
    • Door presets
    • Reworked documentation
    • Countless other improvements and fixes (cleaner UI, new icons, sound support for swing doors, code refactor,...)
    The main goals of this update are.
    - Improved simplicity (ease of use + non intrusive in your project)
    - A cleaner code structure
    - Less issues when working with 3rd party doors

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  20. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Quick Update

I improved the asset a bit more in terms of modularization and non-invasiveness. I removed the DoorSound script and added sound sections to the respective door scripts. This means that I can create better sound UI's for each type of door. For example before I used the 'opening' sound clip also for the 'swing forward' sound. Now the UI will make more sense and you will just have 1 script on your doors.

Alex

21. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Sliding Doors

Coming in the next update!

With reset on leave support.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    rrahim and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  22. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Doors+ API

In V1.3.0 I will be adding a new doors API. This API includes several useful methods that you can use to control the doors, windows, chests, drawers,... in your game.

1. Call custom methods

You will be able to rotate, slide or swing your door at any point of your game to override the default interaction with the door. You will also be able to lock/unlock the door.

2. Get states

You can get the current states of the doors. These include things like the open/closed door state of the door, how many times it has been moved, the speed variable of the door,...​

These new features will allow coders to have more control over the doors in your game.

V1.3.0 is still planned for March but it might take a bit longer since I'd like to really get this updated polished.

23. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Easing Functions

Not a flashy update but I'm re-writing my easing functions library. You will be able to pick one of these easing functions that your door/window will use. In V1.3.0 you will have more presets to choose from and of course you always have the option to create a custom curve.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  24. LiangYun1980

LiangYun1980

alexdoorsystem.github.io

There isn't a GitHub Pages site here.

404.PNG

25. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  26. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Rescheduled V1.3.0

Hello. I've made the decision that I want to publish the V1.3.0 update sooner than earlier planned. This means that I will be moving some features to V1.4.0.

The main new features of V1.3.0 are:
    • New hierarchy structure
    • Component based door system
    • Sliding doors and drawers
    • General improvements and fixes
    • Big code restructures
    V1.3.0 is taking some time because I'm doing a lot of big code restructures and basically changing big parts of the asset. This means that I have less time to add in features. I'd also really like to release updates more frequently. This means that these updates will be smaller.

Alex

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Ony likes this.
  27. SkillTechnology

SkillTechnology

Hello, in first place allow me to tell you, this is an awesome asset.
    Could you please tell me, is there a way to trigger the door rotation with Oculus Go trigger controller?

Thanks in advance!

28. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

I answered this through email but for other people wanting this functionality, here is the explanation.

In the DoorTrigger.cs script around line 75 there is code that detects input.

In the OVRInput API for Oculus you have a method like this.

OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.One);

It will return true if the button was pressed. Simply use this method instead of the Input.GetKey method and the doors will work with the oculus.

29. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

V1.3.0 Coming Soon!

I'm currently testing V1.3.0. I'm hoping to push the version to the asset store soon!

Ony likes this.
  30. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

COOL ...ARE SUPPORT FOR PADLOCK AND KEYPAD ADDED IN 1.3.0.???..sorry caps lock on...

31. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

32. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Doors+ V1.3.0 Released

The V1.3.0 update has been released!

Main new features
    • Improved, modular system
    • Improved door hierarchy setup
    • Sliding doors
    At the moment there is no sound support for sliding/swing doors, this will be addressed in future versions. Thank you for your patience.

The next update will be V2.0.0, the roadmap can be found here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Ony and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  33. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

Hey! I know it's been over a year. I've been busy with university and creating new assets like my stylized water shader

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/stylized-water-for-urp-162025

As well as many other things.

An update about the asset! I have started working on an update for the asset. This update will be a big rework of the asset, changing a lot about the asset. Mostly, there will be simplifications and the whole workflow will be a lot easier. Secondly, I'll be adding more features.

The asset will likely be renamed and rebranded as a new asset. Existing customers will get a free upgrade to the new version of course :)

I hope to share more soon. Currently The new system I'm making is already promising, and currently I'm working towards feature-parity with the current system. Then I'll move on to making new features.

34. alexrau

alexrau

It seems there is issue with the github link, so appologies if this is covered in documentation.

Is there a prefab or script for doors being locked and collecting keys to unlock?

35. GDI_Commando

GDI_Commando

Hey Alexander, I keep getting an issue with my custom built models where the door works on a ridiculously large hinge. Any ideas what could be causing that?