Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback UX issues while working with color gradient node

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by SirIntruder, Jul 22, 2019.

1. SirIntruder

SirIntruder

I needed to use color gradient node today for the first time, and I've encountered a couple of stupid hand bangers.

- Ctrl+Z on gradient editor undoes a single change and then returns to the shader graph... why? It seems like a bug. It seems that color picker opened from the shader graph has the same issue.

- This is a general issue with the color picker: I've noticed that, x% of time, pressing Enter key opens the color mode dropdown instead of submitting change! I've figured out what's the bug: as soon as you press down on the color rect inside the wheel, color mode dropdown focus gets toggled? whaaaaat.

- To open the gradient editor, you need to pixel hunt the color rect - I would expect double clicking that node or pressing enter while it's selected to open it. Also, it can sometimes open by mistake when you just wanted to drag the node around.

- Enter key on gradient editor should confirm the change and then close the gradient editor, like on the color picker, but it doesn't do anything. I figured out I can press escape instead, but it's awkward, esc key usually reverts changes done in the editor.

Attached Files:

2. SirIntruder

SirIntruder

Also, forgot to mention this, could you please add a keyboard shortcut for "Save Asset", so it would be easy to live preview changes?

3. huulong

huulong