Search Unity

Question UWP & Xbox Live Integration

Discussion in 'Windows' started by TayannaStudios, Oct 18, 2022.

1. TayannaStudios

TayannaStudios

Hi

I've been ripping my hair out for the last 3 weeks trying to implement Xbox Live into my UWP project.

I'm actually registered at id@xbox but have no choice but to use UWP over GDK because I can't afford the required Unity Pro Licence. As Microsoft no longer offer help for UWP publishing I have no choice but to ask on here.

Is it at all possible for anyone to please help me and guide me step-by-step on how to implement the Xbox Live SDK and have it actually trigger the achievements I have set up in my Partner account?

2. Swerve-Studios

Swerve-Studios

I am right there with you. I just started the other day, but I have actually gotten as far as to get the service to initially run on PC, so I can log in at least. Unfortunately I am unable to get the login function to work on Xbox.

What unity version are you running? Also, if you are using UWP I don't believe achievements will be possible without GDK. I thought it could only handle stats/leaderboards and cloud saves

3. TayannaStudios

TayannaStudios

Hey, I'm running Unity 2021.3.9. I've got the sign in working on Xbox but I think that's down to Microsoft enabling my title for Xbox Live Services and not necessarily anything to do with the SDK code.

Achievements are still possible in UWP. It depends on the Microsoft account you're publishing with, in my case it's ID@Xbox. It's just the Creator's Program that doesn't allow them.

It's amazing that there's no guides on how to do this :/

4. Morphus74

Morphus74

@Swerve-Studios Are you able to get GDK to initialized on IL2CPP UWP build?

5. TayannaStudios

TayannaStudios

@Morphe
    Microsoft told me that we can't use GDK but build as UWP.

I got the achievements working by using a dirty method and now NEED to get Connected Storage working but it would appear impossible. Their documentation is atrocious and both their Unity Plugins and ID@Xbox samples are broken and buggy. I'm just considering giving up altogether. It's been a nightmare.

6. Morphus74

Morphus74

Such a pain to be honest, and we just want xbox authentication and not able to get it...

Thank for your answer.

7. TayannaStudios

TayannaStudios

I can help with the Xbox Authentication if you require assistance?

8. Morphus74

Morphus74

With GDK under IL2CPP/UWP?

I succeed using the old unity package, since authentication is all that I care, but would prefer GDK for sure

9. TayannaStudios

TayannaStudios

Are you using the Windows/PC GDK or Xbox Unity Core GDK Plugin? I didn't think you could build to UWP with GDK for Xbox?