Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UWP- Xbox Error ExecutionEngineException is thrown on System.Reflection.MonoProperty

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by John-Lisenby, Apr 25, 2018.

1. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Hello,

I am getting ExecutionEngineException is thrown on System.Reflection.MonoProperty::GetterAdapterFrame "for witch no ahead of time. (AOT) code was generated". within my UWP game on Xbox.

I made a bug report# 1030427. I'm using 2018.1b13. I'm not getting the error on UWP desktop, but my camera not working as expected in UWP builds. Also, I'm not sure if the issue is related to another issue I'm having in 2017.4.1f1. I filed bug report 1029888. This error happing in the same scenes, but I wasn't getting an error message in LTS, just a camera issue only in UWP builds.

I uploaded the project, and Unity can test. Play in editor to see expected behavior. Then build to Xbox and Desktop UWP to review the issue.

Thanks,

John

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

What value is the Api Compatibility Level setting in your project?

3. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Hello,
    I added a screenshot of my setting. I have it set to .NET 4.6.

Attached Files:

• API.PNG
      API.PNG
      File size:
      31.3 KB
      Views:
  4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Please try the .NET Standard 2.0 Api Compatibility level. I'm not sure if it is work work, but it is an easy change and probably worth a try.

5. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Okay, I changed to .NET 2.0 and it's having the same issue.

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks for checking! We will need to correct this issue on our side, unfortunately. Our QA team is investigating your bug report now.

Is it possible for you to change the Scripting Runtime Version setting to use the old runtime? You won't get .NET 4.6 support, but this issue should go away.

7. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Hello,
    I have tried to switch my main project from .NET4.6, but it's causing too many other issues with other plug-ins. If you can, look at the project I included with the bug report. There is a script ReflectionsHelper.cs. It might be one of the issues, I checked with the developer and was advised to make the changes for IL2CPP support.
    Thanks,
    John

8. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks, we will investigate the bug report.