Search Unity

Uwp / Xbox Creators Collection Term Of Use For Games

Discussion in 'Windows' started by John-Lisenby, Apr 11, 2019.

1. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Hello,

I got a negative review from a user gave my game a 1 star because on Term of use posted. Could I be mistaking, but I remember a box popping up when the user first runs the game for the first time. Also, dose the game terms of use is applied from Xbox Live terms of use from Microsoft? I have data and Privacy Policy posted on my website.

I want to respond to he review, but I just want to make sure I have my facts correct. Things always change when dealing with UWP. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Mullan7 likes this.
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Unity does not show any boxes like what you're describing. Do you know what's in those Terms of Use?

3. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Hi Tautvydas-Zilys,

I haven't read it, but I remember something to do with the EU changing their laws for privacy and data usage. if I remember correctly when I read it, they updated the Xbox's Terms of Use privacy to cover all as a blanket .

The box that pops up the first time you run UWP (creators collection) game ask the use for use of their data and such. I have look at it again, but its something Microsoft dose on their end.

4. Mullan7

Mullan7

I just encountered this myself and it's definitely a Microsoft store warning, not related to unity. It's mostly just warnings that the developer can access your gamertag and friends list etc which should really be a given considering it's an Xbox live program.

It also warns that you should only accept if you trust the publisher, which is a bit conflicting with the core concept of creators collection, and warns if you don't have a privacy policy or a terms of use. That's quite annoying as the app submission process says you don't need one if you check the box saying you aren't collecting any data.

It's overly scary and could be worded better, as it seems likely to scare away customers. In any case, there's nothing we can do about it except send feedback to Microsoft

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019