Search Unity

UWP Xbox Controller Mappings don't function the same across different APPX Deployments

Discussion in 'VR' started by StephenHodgson-Valorem, Mar 1, 2018.

1. StephenHodgson-Valorem

StephenHodgson-Valorem

Using a built UWP APPX bundle I tested Xbox input across PC, XBOX, and HoloLens and found different results on each platform.

Bug Report 1008255

Simply build the project and deploy to your target device and grab an Xbox One S Bluetooth controller.
    PC works as expected, but HoloLens doesn't even register input at all unless you also enable HID, but then the axis inputs are broken. I'm not sure if this is a bug with Unity or someplace in the HoloLens Shell.

https://github.com/StephenHodgson/XboxControllerBugTest

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting that, we will take a look at your bug. I feel like I heard someone recently talking about this in the office so it may be a known issue but we will let you know.

3. StephenHodgson-Valorem

StephenHodgson-Valorem

@JasonCostanza I'm having a hard time just getting your QA tester to acknowledge he can reproduce it.

4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

5. xuchun9000

xuchun9000

interesting, I simply download the XBox-Hololens assert from asset store, and everything works fine

the only thing I think the controller is missing is that they need a small keyboard attach to it, so the user can directly input A,B,C from the hardware, in stand of the air typing which is very very bad user experience

6. StephenHodgson-Valorem

StephenHodgson-Valorem

That's not the point of this thread. The input shouldn't be different from one deployment to the next.

7. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

@StephenHodgson-Valorem it looks like the other QA testers managed to reproduce it and sent the bug on to the developers before I got a chance to talk to them. But good news is I guess they see the bug now so it should be good to go.