Search Unity

[UWP] SignInManager is ignoring all requests to OnPlayerSignIn

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aglowingmonitor, Jun 14, 2019.

1. aglowingmonitor

aglowingmonitor

So recently I implemented Xbox Live sign-in into my project through SignInManager, however no matter the tutorials I look at on microsoft's official site and looking through the PlayerAuthentication prefab of the Xbox Live Unity plugin, I cannot get any dialogue prompting me to sign in to show, nor does it sign in automatically. But when using the PlayerAuth prefab, OnPlayerSignIn magically gets called, so I have no clue as to what's happening here.

I am:
    • In the correct sandbox
    • Not using a temp cert
    • In Xbox Live Creators (Creators is set to true in the config file)
    • I have associated my app w/ the store, and ran the Xbox Live association wizard
    • Using .NET 4.6
    • Using IL2CPP
    Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. ChossyUK

ChossyUK

Seems like support for this is non existent, i have been able to sign in using the prefab ok but cant get the gamer pic to display.
    I tried many versions of unity and the plugin my only joy so far is using Unity 2017.4.2f2 and the 1804QFE2 plugin that logs me in but no gamer pic.

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Sorry about that. The plugin was developed by Microsoft and we really don't know any more how it works than you do.

Did you try placing a breakpoint on OnPlayerSignIn to see where it gets "magically" called from? That might give you hints on how it works.

4. ChossyUK

ChossyUK

Its not Unity's fault MS should have updated the plugin to be compatible with newer versions of unity they seem to have just abandoned it but still sell creators club membership with no support.
    If i ever bother to release a game via the store i will just submit a broken game and when it fails certification i can tell them its not my issue fix your plugin.