Search Unity

UWP Runtime Missing from HTP Archives

Discussion in 'VR' started by eXntrc, Jul 11, 2016.

1. eXntrc

eXntrc

When you go to the Unity for HoloLens Technical Preview page you can click on the Archives tab and download several old releases of Unity itself. However you can *not* download the corresponding UWP Runtime for the older builds, and without it you cannot build HoloLens apps. Is there a reason Unity is offering older builds of Unity but not the UWP Runtime for them? Can this be fixed?

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for pointing that out, I will point that out to the Web Team. I can send you the UWP's you need, let me know what you need.

Thank you,
    Wesley

3. eXntrc

eXntrc

Thanks Wesley. I'm good for right now but it would have been super helpful to have these at the HoloLens hackathons we were running (and others that may happen going forward). Thank you for passing this along!

4. Brian_wu

Brian_wu

I have the same question. I just want to download the UWP Runtime for the older builds, I log on to Unity for HoloLens Technical Preview but I can't find it. How can I get the UWP Runtime for Unity 5.4.0f3.

Thank you.

5. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hololens is in 5.5 unity builds, it has the latest features and fixes. I would recommend updating to that build

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I'll try finding the build for you - hold on there.