Search Unity

UWP Only : Crash on Loading Scene

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ben-maurin, Jun 21, 2017.

1. ben-maurin

ben-maurin

Hello,

I try to port my game on UWP windows 10.
    When loading a scene there is a crash only in UWP build (not in normal PC build).

Here is the error that make the crash :

there is nothing relevant in the log :

Callstack is attached (not really relevant either)

The code is not user code, it seems to be related to unity scene loading...

Does anyone have a clue?
    Thank in advance

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

When you're at the point of when you are broken in the debugger with the stacktrace you showed in the screenshot, can you press "Debug -> Save Dump As..." and send me the saved file via PM?

3. ben-maurin

ben-maurin

When I try to save the dump i get this error : "Error saving dump. Data is invalid".

upload_2017-6-22_9-20-16.png

Another information : it only happen on specific scenes (but only in UWP builds). I will try to isolate the problematic objects.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  4. ben-maurin

ben-maurin

After investingation it was because of a particular script with no special code in it. I duplicated its code and called the new script it 'OldNameV2', and it does not crash anymore. Maybe some kind of low-level script id problem, I don't really know. The fact that the crash was only in UWP build make this even more strange (and scary).

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Indeed. I have no idea why saving the dump failed. If this (or any other crash) happens in the future, you can switch to mixed mode debugger in the project properties - that should give a more complete callstack that would perhaps hint to what was going wrong.