Search Unity

UWP Never initializing

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by fredduguay, Nov 21, 2018.

1. fredduguay

fredduguay

Hello it seems unity iap keeps polling for purchases but never returns an initialization. We have another game that works and is currently live. That game was done last year but following the same integration didn't seem to work this time. What's keeping the plugin from initializing? I'm not even getting a failed event... If I use sandbox purchases the flow works fine. Thanks in advance! Was hoping to release a game on windows store and xbox before holidays.

So to confirm:
    -Sandbox purchases work fine
    -public void OnInitialized(IStoreController controller, IExtensionProvider extensions) and public void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error) is NOT called by the plugin (since it's stuck polling for purchases)
    -I can see the plugin trying to initialize but never returns success or failure
    -Worked in a previous game

2. DarekRusin

DarekRusin

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@fredduguay You mentioned "worked in a previous game", is that game still working? That is, we are trying to determine if Microsoft changed something on their end.

4. fredduguay

fredduguay

Yes it looks like it still works (Trying to make a purchase brings up the purchase prompt which leads me to assume the plugin has initialized) in the old game. That game hasn't been updated since but I'm still using a version close to it (5.6.3 vs 5.6.6)

Yes I agree it's very similar and have looked over that thread, although it happens to me while signed into the store, I've tried a few computers as well and accounts...

5. fredduguay

fredduguay

Interesting, seems that submitting the game live made it work, perhaps it couldn't detect the store user while the game was under private audience