Search Unity

UWP multiplayer disconnects with UNet

Discussion in 'UNet' started by Doghelmer, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Doghelmer

Doghelmer

I'm having with a host-client multiplayer game running on UWP and UNet. When using the same network code as in my normal Win/Mac/Linux build, the client receives a ton of messages in their output log that look like this:

Warning: received system packet belongs to wrong session

Then, after several minutes of playtime, the client will disconnect from the host. This happens consistently whenever the UWP player is a client.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any info about this beyond this old thread. No amount of messing with ConnectionConfig settings or other settings has yielded any difference in results.

Also of note:
    - The game runs properly until the client is disconnected, I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in regards to the gameplay.
    - I'm not seeing any unusual issues or warnings on either the host or client while the client is connecting.
    - I do have both internetClient and internetClientServer permissions activated.
    - The game can be played between the Windows version and the UWP version, though the warning messages and disconnects only take place in the UWP version
    -I'm doing most of the testing with multiple windows on the same PC, running games through the internet and through UNet matchmaking, though I've also tried this with multiple PCs.

I was curious if this sounded familiar to anyone?