Search Unity

UWP game fails most of the WACK tests

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SiriusFx, Jan 11, 2019.

1. SiriusFx

SiriusFx

Hello,
    currently I am porting a game to UWP platform, and hit a wall. The UWP app package (.appx) is created and installed succesfully, I can run the game and play it normally. But most of the WACK tests fails with weird errors like NullReferenceExceptions and PathNotFoundExceptions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using Unity 2018.2.13f1, VS 15.9.5, IL2CPP backend, a empty project is not returning these errors. Here are some of weird errors from the WACK tests, there are also more errors of the same type (Exceptions):

Bytecode generation
    • Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:
    • System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.Utility.IsPackageWWA(AppXPackage package) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.Tests.BytecodeGenerationCheck.BytecodeGenerationCheck.ExecuteSharedValidation(String manifestFilePath, String packageFullName) at Microsoft.Windows.SoftwareLogo.TestBase.TestBase.ExecuteTest()

• App manifest
    • Error Found: The app manifest test detected the following errors:
    • Package VRStandardAssets_1.0.1.0_x64__a9h1kjw1ke3dc could not be found
    • App resources
    • The "C:\Program Files\windowsapps\xxxxstandardassets_1.0.1.0_x64__a9h1kjw1ke3dc\AppXManifest.xml" file is missing or invalid.
    I also uploaded a docx file with all the results, because formating in here is hard

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

These are not exceptions coming from the game, but rather from the WACK tool itself. It seems it's crashing. Could you try reinstalling it?

3. timke

timke

Hi,

So first off, just to get it out of the way, you are building the project with the "Master" configuration, correct?

I found this thread from the Microsoft forums, which sounds very similar to your problem:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums...fication-kit-systemnullreferenceexceptions-at

The conclusion from this thread was that WACK is currently "broken" for local testing, but if you go ahead and upload your package, it'll still pass certification. I'd recommend posting this question on the Microsoft dev support forums.

4. SiriusFx

SiriusFx

Yes, it's Master. Thanks for the replay guys.