Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[UWP] Failing WACK due to APIs

Discussion in 'Windows' started by pumpkinszwan, Dec 20, 2016.

1. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

I'm trying to publish a beta of my game to the Windows Store, but my build is failing WACK due to unsupported APIs:

Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
    • API OpenSemaphore in api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-1-0.dll is not supported for this application type. System.Threading.dll calls this API.
    • API CreateSemaphore in api-ms-win-core-kernel32-legacy-l1-1-0.dll is not supported for this application type. System.Threading.dll calls this API.
    • API ExecuteAssembly in uwphost.dll is not supported for this application type. Mouse Dreams.exe calls this API.
    • API DllGetActivationFactory in uwphost.dll is not supported for this application type. Mouse Dreams.exe has an export that forwards to this API.
    The only tip I've been able to find is to make sure I'm in Master build config - I switched from Release to Master and got the exact same errors.

I have not modified the solution output from Unity at all.

I'm running Unity 5.5.0f3. I used Universal 10, Any Device, and D3D as my build options in Unity, with none of the other checkbox options selected.

2. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

SOLVED!

I built my app with the 'Build and Run' option from Unity, which apparently doesn't create a valid solution for building a deployable Windows Store app.

Building from Unity with just 'Build' got my solution working

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

These errors mean that .NET native is not enabled. We don't enable it by default in Build & Run because it significantly increases build time. There's a player setting for that, I think.