Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We have updated the language to the Editor Terms based on feedback from our employees and community. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question UWP errors in visual studio

Discussion in 'Windows' started by RandomCharacters, Jul 17, 2023.

1. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

In the past, they compiled fine. now with unity 2023.1, they do not. When I build in visual studio, I get the following errors. Any ideas?
    ==================================================================

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Warning C4244 '=': conversion from 'ush' to 'uchf', possible loss of data Il2CppOutputProject C:\u\Il2CppOutputProject\IL2CPP\external\zlib\deflate.c 1915

Warning C4717 'FontAsset_HasCharacter_mE87EEF6CDA1F4E1D6928CC9A3C01A91922D4FB21': recursive on all control paths, function will cause runtime stack overflow Il2CppOutputProject C:\u\Il2CppOutputProject\Source\il2cppOutput\UnityEngine.TextCoreTextEngineModule.cpp 7943

Warning C4973 'Windows::UI::ViewManagement::IApplicationView2::SuppressSystemOverlays::set': marked as deprecated Space Bombardiers C:\u\Space Bombardiers\App.cpp 26

Error APPX0702 Payload file 'C:\u\Il2CppOutputProject\Source\il2cppOutput\Symbols\il2cppFileRoot.txt' does not exist. Space Bombardiers C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v17.0\AppxPackage\Microsoft.AppXPackage.Targets 3042

Error APPX0702 Payload file 'C:\u\Il2CppOutputProject\Source\il2cppOutput\Symbols\LineNumberMappings.json' does not exist. Space Bombardiers C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v17.0\AppxPackage\Microsoft.AppXPackage.Targets 3042

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

is that for all of the errors or just 2 of them?
    Also, how would I find what unity asset needs fixing? Like the one is about a font. So I'm guessing the font is bad. How would I know which one it is other than deleting them one at a time and rebuilding one at a time?

i also was using vs2019 but just changed to vs2022 if that matters.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The first 3 things you listed aren't errors and don't require fixing. The second two are what are causing the build to fail.

5. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

So am I to understand that unity projects can not be built for the microsoft store until you all fix the bug?

Also, I just tried to compile the project in VS2019 and got the same errors as when I did it in VS 2022 (if that helps any).

Error APPX0702 Payload file 'C:\u\Il2CppOutputProject\Source\il2cppOutput\Symbols\LineNumberMappings.json' does not exist. Space Bombardiers C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v16.0\AppxPackage\Microsoft.AppXPackage.Targets 2991

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
  6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

7. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

Hey, could you explain that workaround a little better. i am not exactly sure what to do where. Sorry about that.

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

See those two files it cannot find? il2cppFileRoot.txt and LineNumberMappings.json? There is a file named "Unity Data.vcxitems", that Unity generated in your build folder. Edit it with a text editor and remove any mentions of those two files.

9. JariHuomo

JariHuomo

Thank you! Got this error too when updated project from 2021 to 2022

10. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can we please get a bug report on this? We have yet to reproduce it :(.

11. JariHuomo

JariHuomo

Yeah seems strange bug, my other project did not have issues. What do you need exactly?

12. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

If you could report a bug with the affected project attached (you can remove most assets to reduce size), that'd be great!

JariHuomo likes this.
  13. pedroareias16

pedroareias16

I have the exact same problem. When I try to build the project in VS to upload it to the Microsoft store, I get those 2 errors. In Unity, I have no errors and the build is completed with a result of 'Succeeded'.

I updated Unity from 2018 LTS version to 2023.1.15f and I have no problems in windows platform.

Did you find a solution already?