Search Unity

UWP certification offline and online fails. Unity 2019 Master build

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ProgOrion, Apr 8, 2020.

1. ProgOrion

ProgOrion

Hi guys,

I cannot upload my game to the win10 store. The offline certification tool fails locally as well. I'm using a Master Build already. Here is the error:
    • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • API DXGIGetDebugInterface1 in dxgi.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.
      • API GetFileVersionInfoA in version.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.
      • API GetFileVersionInfoSizeA in version.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.
    Unity 2019.3.5f1 (64-bit)
    Visual Studio 2017 15.9.14
    SDK 10.0.17763.0
    PC x64
    D3DProject or XAML (doesn't matter)

Any help is greatly appreciated because I have this error since I've upgraded from Unity 2017 to 2019. My game is already on the win10 store, I just cannot update it that way.

Thanks,
    Progorion

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Are you sure you're using a master build? I just checked and UnityPlayer.dll doesn't use those APIs in master builds - just debug and release ones.

3. ProgOrion

ProgOrion

I triple checked it and both Unity and Visual Studio were set to Master.

But it seems somehow the build itself was not a Master Version anyways. I tried to manually debug, save the projects, reopen the projects set them back to Master and make new builds, and now the error is gone.

Thanks for the assistance, alone I would have definitely looked for a problem elsewhere!

Progorion

4. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

You have to select Master on Visual Studio Interface

upload_2020-4-10_16-51-19.png

And Select Master on Project - Publish - Create App Package
    upload_2020-4-10_16-51-55.png

I have to select in both places for the final build to be approved!

I had some problems with the offline certification tool, and it seems that is a bit outdated. I was able to approve my games even with the offline certification failing.

I just published 5 new games on Microsoft Store (Using Unity 2019.3.9f1)
    ms-windows-store://publisher/?name=Green Sauce Games Ltda