Search Unity

UWP Certification Failure (Desktop, Xbox build)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dzrust, Oct 11, 2019.

1. dzrust

dzrust

Hello,

I am currently getting this certification error: "API __CxxFrameHandler4 in vcruntime140_1_app.dll is not supported for this application type. GameAssembly.dll calls this API." I am running the "Master" build configuration. When I run the certification kit. My game used to pass this, but it started happening after getting a new PC. I have tried toggling many settings, and I wasn't sure if anyone knew the exact thing to toggle on/off. Let me know if I need to add more detail or what not.

Thanks!

2. Nananaaa

Nananaaa

Same issue here when building for Windows UWP:
    • API __CxxFrameHandler4 in vcruntime140_1_app.dll is not supported for this application type. AnAwesomeApp.exe calls this API.
    • API __CxxFrameHandler4 in vcruntime140_1_app.dll is not supported for this application type. GameAssembly.dll calls this API.
    Unity 2019.2.8f1, VS2019 16.3.4. Any ideas how to fix or workaround this?

sdalex and dzrust like this.
  3. sdalex

sdalex

Same issue here with Unity 2018.4.10f1 and VS2019 16.3.2.

4. TeemuTee

TeemuTee

I have the same issue, the only fix seems to be downgrading Visual Studio at this point: https://developercommunity.visualst...63-runtime-uses-an-unsupported-api-for-u.html

Edit: If you have multiple versions of VS installed and are using an older version to make the build, make sure that it's not using the newest compiler and linker. I still got the validation error with Visual Studio 2017 and it didn't go away until I simply deleted the 2019 compiler folder.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Nananaaa likes this.
  5. dzrust

dzrust

To add onto @TeemuTee, I think I know the exact cause. I removed both versions of VS I had 2019 & 2017 and every version of the windows SDK. I noticed depending on the Windows SDK version installed the WACK had a different number. It looks like the windows 10.0.18362.0 will not work with our apps. Once I reinstalled and made sure to point only at: 10.0.15063.0 it passed (VS2017 installs 10.0.17763.0 by default). So moral of the story is to uninstall 10.0.18362.0 if you can.

6. TeemuTee

TeemuTee

It doesn't matter if your local certification succeeds: The store even validated and accepted our build, but the final certification before publishing failed.

7. dzrust

dzrust

Correct, however if you target specific SDKS it will use a different WACK, so my validation has passed in the store too, since downgrading my SDK version support to below 10.0.18362.0

8. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

I also have this problem with 2019.2.9f1!
    Did you manage to send the build?

I also have a problem with :
    API GetFileVersionInfoA in version.dll is not supported for this application type. UnityPlayer.dll calls this API.

9. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

I have this problem, 2019.2.

10. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

I have this problem with 2019.3.

But it worked on 4 projects, only one isn't working with this error.

11. dpanov76mail-ru

dpanov76mail-ru

Hi all, My problem is very similar. I built a game with Desktop and mobile target devices family. The latest unity, latest VS2019, latest SDK and WACK. All validation passed green locally, validated on upload. But Certification failed with message:

The app doesn’t install on the currently selected device families. Please check that the device family selection is correct and re-submit the app. For more information on device family compatibility, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/device-family-availability

Tested Devices: Dell Inspiron 12-5280, Acer Iconia W700

Does anyone know how to exclude this particular devices from the list in order to pass validation?
    The official help support is not very helpful as usual with Microsoft :(

12. Snarp

Snarp

Hey @dpanov76mail-ru, did you find any solution to your problem? I currently have exactly the same issue, validation passed green (except sometimes I had the "API __CxxFrameHandler4 in vcruntime140_1_app.dll" issue, but not always), I can sideload the app without problems (tested on 3 different computers) but microsoft app review tells me that the app doesn't install on their devices.

Attached Files:

13. Razputin

Razputin

I'm having the same problem today with vcruntime140_1_app.dll

14. Imperial-Dynamics

Imperial-Dynamics

Same problem:

"API __CxxFrameHandler4 in vcruntime140_1_app.dll is not supported for this application type. GameAssembly.dll calls this API"

:(

15. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Try changing the "Solution Configuration" to Master before Generating the Builds, also select Master on the dialog that appears when generating the builds. I had to change it on these 2 places then it worked for me!