Search Unity

UWP Build poor performance (10FPS), but quick in the editor (80FPS)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Stephen1701, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

Hello all,

I have a game which is running at about 80FPS in the editor. When I build UWP it runs at about 10 FPS.
    When I look at the profiler I can see the scripts are taking far more time to process.

I've attached 2 screenshots, and in both you can see the point where I stopped playing the UWP build and continued playing in the editor. Screenshots are named "UWP Build", and "Editor"

The third screenshot shows what it is like with "Others" turned on, I don't know what Others is, but that also takes a lot more processing time in a UWP build.

Nothing else has changed in the game, it's the same code running as a UWP build and in the editor.
    i was going to upload the profiler data but its a 122MB file. But I have it if needed.

I'm running Unity 2019.4.2f1 and I have removed DirectX12 (Experimental) from the build settings.

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Are you using a debug build by chance chance? And are you running the UWP build on the same machine as the editor?

Stephen1701 likes this.
  3. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

Hello,

Yes It's the debug build. However when I set it to Master and run the splash screen doesn't disappear and I can hear the game playing in the background.
    It's on the same machine as the editor, yes.

I'll try as the release build.

4. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

Thank you. I'm now getting over 300FPS on the Release build.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Any ideas where it gets stuck in master build? That's the build you'll have to use to ship the game... so you need to make sure it's functional.

Stephen1701 likes this.
  6. Stephen1701

Stephen1701

The camera doesn't seem to render.
    I can see the HUD, and hear sound effects, but a black screen (sometimes its the splash screen and sound effects)
    But the game plays and can be seen in debug and release.