Search Unity

UWP App / Game has no audio after Windows Update

Discussion in 'Windows' started by John-Lisenby, Sep 12, 2019.

1. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Hello,

After yesterday (9/10/2019) Windows 10 Update from Microsoft, my UWP game not playing sound. I have tested other games, media players, and web browser and they all have sound. When I open my game, it has no sound. I load a past build that I know had sound, but not playing any sound.

Are others having this issue? When I play the game in the editor, it has sound.

Thanks,

John

2. timke

timke

The recent Windows 10 update have been really buggy (more so than usual), but I haven't heard about this problem before. I recommend filing a bug through the Feedback Hub and then see if you can uninstall the update.

What was the specific update, i.e. what was the KBxxxxxxx number?
    What build/release of Windows 10 are you on? Build 1903 is the current official release.
    Are you receive Insider Ring updates?
    Does this effect other non-Unity games on UWP, e.g. Solitaire?

3. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Hello,

I tested other UWP games (Solitaire) and it has sound. I then tested the same build on another PC (Intel with NVidia), and there was sound! The other PC was all AMD. I think its something to do with the Windows Updates and something with the drivers. The last WU is really buggy. Over the weekend, I'll update / reinstall the drivers to see if that fixes the issue, and if not I'll post a bug report.

Thanks,

John