Search Unity

UWP app failed certification for not responding to the controller

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ladron, Oct 3, 2017.

1. ladron

ladron

I just had a game fail UWP certification with the reason being:

"On Xbox the app does not respond to the controller. Playing the game is thus impossible."

Any idea what could they could be referring to? The game plays fine for me in the Xbox dev environment.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I assume playing the game using just the controller works just fine when you test locally?

3. ladron

ladron

Yes - it works fine for me on PC and on Xbox in dev mode. I suspect it might have to do with Xbox Live, but this is the first time I have gotten this particular issue with certification. Another one of my games just passed certification, and it does not do anything differently with regard to controller input.

4. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

I had the same issue. I check "force module active" in the EventSystem gameobject in the scene, and it corrected my problem with the controller.
    Hope this helps,

John L

ladron likes this.
  5. ladron

ladron

Thanks for the reply, John.

Before your EventSystem change, did the controller work for you in your test environment? Mine works fine on PC and on Xbox One - it just failed certification for some reason.

6. John-Lisenby

John-Lisenby

Yes, during my testing (PC) everything working great with no issues with controllers. The game got published via the creator program. I then downloaded it, and found the issue with the controller not working with the UI. Republished with the changes and everything is working. Also, I added support for the event system from this example for controller support.

My game is on both Windows 10 and Xbox. Now trying to get cloud saving working.

Hope this helps'

John L

7. ladron

ladron

Is that just for using the UI using the controller? I am just doing regular button input. I don't even have an EventSystem in my scene.

The certification issue I'm having is with an update to a game that is already in the Creators collection and it plays fine when downloaded to Xbox from the Store.

8. ladron

ladron

I resubmitted the same build and it passed certification. The update works fine in production on my Xbox, so I guess am just chalking this up to certification of Xbox Creators games still being a work in progress at this point...