Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

UV Unwrap and Collab issue

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Skade88, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Skade88

Skade88

Hello!

I have enabled the Lightmap UV Unwrap feature in Unity on the mesh for a level in the game my team and I are starting on so we can bake lightmaps. Ever since I enabled this feature it seems that Unity is forcing all of my team members' computers to UV Unwrap the mesh when they pull changes from Unity Collab. It seems to be a single core process and Unity is unresponsive for a solid hour on everyone's computer while it UV Unwraps the mesh. After that process is completed I know for sure that Unity Collab is pulling the lightmap down from the repo aok because the baked lighting looks spot on and Unity did not re-bake the lighting. It seems there is some data not being pushed to the Unity Collab repo or some glitch is occurring that is forcing everyone to UVUnwrap the mesh with each pull. This happens even if the changes to the content in the repo had nothing to do with that mesh or even the scene the mesh is in.

Is this user error on my part or is it a bug in Unity/Unity Collab? If it is user error on my part any Pro Tips on how to address the issue would be much appreciated!

Best,
    David Brooks