Search Unity

UV tiling options not available in polybrush textures

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ixarr, Feb 27, 2021.

1. ixarr

ixarr

upload_2021-2-27_16-48-12.png

Hello, I'm a new user of unity, coming from Architectural background and trying to use HDRP for nice environment creation and image making.
    I've taken Polybrush to create blended landscape textures and that's worked fine, however, I seem to be missing tiling options!! (1)
    I have opened the node's interface to add a Tiling and Offset node before the texture, however it seems to not effect any change.
    upload_2021-2-27_16-51-13.png

Please, any hint would be appreciated.

for number (2)
    All my materials previews seem to show a white sphere, I'm not sure if it's my lighting or model scale that needs adjusting maybe, this isn't as priority as problem (1), but any advice would be appreciated!.
    Cheers!

Javiiillar likes this.
  2. ixarr

ixarr

I have figured it out!
    In the node interface, I needed to click save asset to apply changes to the geometry....
    thank you all

Javiiillar likes this.
  3. Javiiillar

Javiiillar

Hi Ying!

Thank you very much for your solution!

I have tried too and works! Just adding some "Tiling" nodes to the shader graph and that's it!

For everyone with this issue, just go to the "shader example (universal render pipeline)" folder and make a copy of the "Lit Texture Blend" shader and add it a "tiling and offset" node for each "sample Texture 2D" node, and connect the "tiling" node output to the "UV" input of the "Sample Texture 2D" node:
    upload_2021-4-5_19-0-51.png

Create some properties in order to modify the "Tiling" values directly from the material.

4. Bloopmooop

Bloopmooop

Hi!
    I am also new to gamedev. What properties do I need to create in order to modify the Tiling?

5. BHLC

BHLC

Thanks a lot mate, that fixed everything.