Search Unity

Question UV modifications do not work on _CameraOpaqueTexture.

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by RedVonix, Oct 28, 2019.

1. RedVonix

RedVonix

As the title says... there appears to be no way at all to modify the UV of the _CameraOpaqueTexture, even though numerous tutorials I've read online show doing just that to get some nice distortion. As the attached image shows, I'm creating a sprite shader with distortion, and I've gotten it to the point where it renders out the _CameraOpaqueTexture just fine, and I can modify the output of the SampleTexture2D node just fine. But nothing I do affects the UVs, which is what I kind of need to be able to distort it!

Capture.PNG

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong here? Thanks!

2. whoisj

whoisj

Where is `CameraOpaqueTexture` coming from - just naming a graph node that doesn't produce any magic that I know of.

Where and how are you applying the Sprite Lit texture?

Are you just trying to warp a section of the screen or all of it?

3. RedVonix

RedVonix

With Scriptable Render Pipeline, you can toggle a setting that causes _CameraOpaqueTexture to give you the render output from the camera (described here for reference: http://www.fabiocolombini.com/2018/08/shadergraph-refraction.html).

In the above example I am showing that even without a texture, the material does not warp the shader. This same problem occurs regardless of what shader type is used.

My final end-result is do essentially have things like glass and water that warps what is behind them.