Search Unity

UV animation no longer possible in Unity 4.3??

Discussion in 'Animation' started by WFTO_JWong, Dec 4, 2013.

1. WFTO_JWong

WFTO_JWong

Before Unity 4.3, making a plane have a Spritesheet animation used to take minutes at best.

CTRL + 6, calculate Tiling and Offset, then simply type in those values at whatever time you wanted. Was aces

Now with Unity 4.3, as you can see in my pic, things just aren't as quick an simple anymore.

The breakdown : http://oi39.tinypic.com/1o6mxj.jpg

CTRL 6, then Mesh Rend (the material controller), now, no matter what value i type, as soon as I press 'enter', it goes back to whatever value existed BEFORE opening the animation tab.

Then I uncheck the "record" button in the upper left, and the values stick. The graph even shows the values.
    Pressing "PLay" doesn't play it, nor does it render in game.

Obviously something is amiss here because it highlights the shader in red.
    Also, where is the option to set playback mode like "loop" ? Even when i set it to loop in the Inspector, it doesn't show up as a loop in the animation window.

If anyone can shed some light on how to animate UV's (if thats still even possible.....) it would be greatly appreciated, as time is money and this 4.3 'upgrade' has only been a setback thus far.

2. owibo4ka

owibo4ka

I'm also very interested in that question, can anyone help?

3. maxceem

maxceem

4. MrDude

MrDude

I just ran into a UV issue also...

When I try to adjust the renderer.material.mainTextureOffset, the UV's move, all right, but the texture doesn't loop... it just animates right off the object and leaves me with nothing... Literally... nothing.

I have a transparent texture with some text on a cube and I want to make it animate in various directions at various speeds but once it drops off one edge, it should reappear on the other end... What happens now , instead, is the scene starts with the text visible and as it moves to the side, the areas where there WAS text is replaced with transparency so quite literally, once the text of off the side, I am left with nothing visible any more...

Am I supposed to make a looping texture and clamp the UV offset or something? Surely that can't be right? Cause that would mean I would have to make my texture 4 times the size (double width + double height) or loose 75% of the resolution in order to do that...

So how do I animate the UVs? Same question as the OP, different context.

Please help.

Thanks

5. lvsss

lvsss

Although the parameters Material._Main Tex_ST.z were shown in the Timeline, you cannot animate them if the animation clip you are using was created in a previous Unity version. This is a legacy animation and it won't store the nodes you create for this property.

Try creating a new animation clip. Select you object, ctrl + 6 and add a new clip. Your object will have an "Animator" component instead of an "Animation". It worked for my UV animations, but as I said, I needed to remove old clips and recrete them.

6. MrDude

MrDude

Well in my case I just had to click on the texture and in the import settings change the wrap mode from clamp to loop and hit apply and then my code worked perfectly... ;)