Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug [UUM-2631] URP Full Screen Pass doesn't work with Reflection Probe

Discussion in '2023.1 Beta' started by wwWwwwW1, Dec 11, 2022.

1. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a limitation of URP Full Screen Pass, so I'll mark it as a question by now.

The new Full Screen Pass renderer feature in URP 14+ is great, but the "Blit" mode doesn't work.

It seems that only when using the Blit mode can we access reflection probes in a full screen shader graph.
    For example, create a testing full screen graph that samples reflection probe according to view direction.
    FullScreenGraph_AccessReflectionProbes.jpg

In Frame Debugger (and scene), the "unity_SpecCube0" is always black even though there's reflection probe in the scene.
    URP_FrameDebugger_BlackReflectionProbe.jpg

1. What happened.
    Set the Pass Index from the default "Draw Procedural(0)" to "Blit(1)", the pass should be a blit pass, which allows accessing reflection probes (I suppose).
    URP_FullScreenPass_Blit.jpg

But in Frame Debugger, the pass is still using procedural draw.
    URP_FrameDebugger_DrawProcedural.jpg
    2. How can we reproduce it.
    Create a new URP project and add a Full Screen Pass renderer feature (pass index set to Blit).
    Open the Frame Debugger and check the full screen pass.​

2. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

I just realized that it's an issue similar to reflection probes (UUM-2631).

After toggling some settings, the probe passed in ("unity_SpecCube0") suddenly became the sky one. (Lighting->Environment Reflections, no probe baking at all)
    ReflectionProbe.jpg

I then disabled the Environment Reflection, and it changed again.
    URP_ReflectionProbe_Native_Internal.jpg

As Unity is accessing reflection probes in post-processing effects, I suppose this should be a bug?

3. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

This is confirmed as a duplicate issue of UUM-2631.

I see that the issue was created on June 01, 2022. When will an issue usually be resolved?

4. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

If someone needs to manually access reflection probes in a URP blit pass, you may refer to this thread or modify this C# script.

It doesn't switch to different reflection probes for the scene camera, so hopefully this will be fixed someday.