Search Unity

Usva

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by pixu, May 10, 2009.

1. pixu

pixu

A 2009 school project (UIAH Media Lab / TKK) on the topic of creating a horror game.

Headphones, WASD, spacebar and mouse recommended.

http://users.tkk.fi/~opikkara/usva/1.0 (15MB)

Credits:
    Olli Pikkarainen
    Ville Toivonen
    Arto Tolonen
    Anne-Marie Grönroos
    Tuomas Hämäläinen

Course:
    Petri Lankoski
    Tommi Horttana
    Tassu Takala

2. bloodtiger10

bloodtiger10

ummm wow. I tht was freaky at the end. with those guys there. Are you using indie I assume? bucause you want shadows off those grim reaper dudes? but nice work. :)

3. pixu

pixu

Thanks. We didn't use any pro features. There's no specific light source so ambient occlusion could have been nice, but we couldn't get it to work.

Also a glitch I couldn't get rid of is some sort of spikes coming out of certain objects with certain video cards (older ones). The spikes appear on the first screen pointing outward of the chandelier, so if anyone knows what causes that, please come forward :) (I assume it isn't a face normal-thing since the models work fine on many video cards).

4. TwiiK

TwiiK

I played it for about a minute, but stopped because I haven't got sound at work. Will check it out more when I get home.

Love the graphics.

5. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Very nice use of sound and a great visual style. I especially liked how you sped up the head bobbing in the "black" areas. Only small criticism would be the baked in AO which was very spotty and didn't fit the style.

6. oxl

oxl

huh ...very scary ;-)

I really enjoyed your visual style and the atmosphere.

Nice idea, btw , though I got lost after a while :oops:

--
    oxl

7. tolm

tolm

Brilliant. I actually liked the graininess in the baked ligthing. What I didn't like was the red though. I think it was too washed out to fit with the otherwise so contrast-rich aesthetic.

8. Discord

Discord

Very cool style! I liked it!

9. pixu

pixu

Thanks for the comments. Much the same critique came up also elsewhere. The red vigilance-bg doesn't fit that well, but red itself communicates the event pretty good. The noisy ao was intended, but real ssao would have been superb :)

10. TwiiK

TwiiK

Played it through, but nearly quit a few times out of frustration and/or fear. :)

Jumping up to reach the first orb in the sky was frustrating. Many times the ghost would get me even though I was way above him. And the collision detection was odd for the chairs, tables and branches.

The screen with the flashing images and sound was really annoying and cheap as well. I had my sound turned way up and that was uncalled for. :)

Brilliant visuals and audio. Really fun to play through.

11. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Great job! A fantastic creepy atmosphere :)

I really enjoyed the use of space - interesting to have a very minimalistic environment that still manages to make you feel uneasy.

Cool.