Search Unity

uSurvival Official Thread - Unity Multiplayer Survival Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, May 14, 2018.

1. Andrey_Kiselev

Andrey_Kiselev

Thank You for answer!)

But if we use the "Server and Play" option, are we not becoming the host like in peer to peer games?

I like the scheme used by the developers of the game "The Forest". Their game is not a MMO in the literal sense, and each host itself determined whether it allows cheats. Plus, this approach makes life easier for low-cost studios, because they do not need to worry about installing and around-the-clock server maintenance.

2. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

my scripting skills is poor :\
    is it possible to share modified version of this script to me? or post modified parts of script?
    thanks for your response ;]

3. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

It is much better that mousehweel be used for weapons

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

You are becoming the host yes. Maybe read up on networking models with peer to peer and all that other stuff to get a better understand about this. In short: don't use peer to peer for games. It's a nightmare.

You would have to do that yourself. Might be a motivation to get better at scripting then.

Then do it this way mate :)

5. zabos13

zabos13

is it work with 2018.3??

6. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

@vis2k

hello,
    1- i want to define an simple count down timer that on ends, the game is over ... does exists any function for game over?? i mean something like as death screen that appeared when health was gone ...

2- is it possible to count killed zombies? simple script :]

3- how i can define save checkpoints on level?? is it possible?

7. mischa2k

mischa2k

Haven't tried it yet, waiting for 2018.4 LTS. But should work yes.

1) No function like that yet
    2) Yes
    3) Sure. Use OnTriggerEnter.

8. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

so ... i tried that but no success :[
    can you inform something? sample codes?

and for killed zombies too?

9. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

@vis2k I was studying a bit more Text Mesh and managed to add the names of the players and synchronize them over the network. Many thanks for the advice. regards

10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sorry but you will have to figure this out yourself. I am sure you'll learn something mate.

Good to hear!

11. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

ok ... but i think it would be better to update the documentation for scripting ...

at least can you tell about where is the main functions? how to finding these? i mean kill, gameover, score, respawn and ...

12. TonyFil

TonyFil

Hello, Is it possible to change the UNET on PUN in uSurvival

13. Cybit

Cybit

Recently purchased this asset and I'm hoping to use it as a template for my project. Some of my first thoughts regarding it. Mouse wheel zoom, not a good idea. As stated above the mouse wheel can better be used for weapon switching, item slot switching and building item selection in a survival game.
    Second thought, I'd love to see some resource gathering here. ie. pickaxes for gathering various ores and stones from rocks that have simple destruction states. Tree chopping for gathering lumber to build said buildings. crafting or smelting ores to create metals for better walls and doors. One that subject, loot drops from dead enemies I'm not a huge fan of, in a survival game searching the body is a risk that must be taken in order to survive. As other players could use your distraction in searching a body, box or other item as an opportunity to kill you. It is survival after all.
    Player owned doors and items that can be shared with other players if chosen. Player placed spawn points, ie in rust I can place a bed to spawn into in case I die.

Otherwise, so far. It's a decent asset I honestly am hoping to use. I'll post other thoughts as my project progresses.

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

uSurvival uses Mirror: https://github.com/vis2k/Mirror , which works really well. Why would you want to change it?

Thanks for buying. It's a template, some people like to use mouse wheel for zoom, some for weapon switching. There is no way to satisfy everyone, people should modify it to their needs instead.

Resource gathering is already implemented, try hitting the tree with an axe!

15. zabos13

zabos13

usurvival and vegetation studio pro give me error:
    error CS1703: An assembly `System.Data' with the same identity has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references
    Assets/uSurvival/Plugins/Sqlite/sqlite_common/System.Data.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    can anyone helps

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

Remove the dll from vegetation studio

17. ddoine

ddoine

I didn't quite see this but is the server standalone by chance? Can it be hosted like a dedicated server?

18. mischa2k

mischa2k

Of course. Just build it headless and upload it to your server.

19. anaviclaniba

anaviclaniba

hey guys I wanted to create a fortnite gameplay but with magic and sword fight (combo animations). So can I use this to shoot magic with modified animations? I'm a newbie really and I want controller something like invector because its easy to modified (shoot projectile, great melee attack animations). Can we do this with uSURVIVAL controller? or that's difficult and a lot of work to do?

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

You can try :)
    Magic attacks aren't implemented right now, but you get all the source code so there is no real limit to it.

recon0303 likes this.
  21. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Dont know if this was asked yet, but can this be used to make a single player game?

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

If you select 'server&play' in the login screen then it's basically singleplayer.
    If you are looking for something like uSurvival without any networking code then check out my other uRPG asset - it's based on uSurvival with networking removed.

pagan_poetry likes this.
  23. johny256

johny256

Adding first person animated hands? and support animated weapon and hand

24. egem2015

egem2015

Hi everbody,

i bought this great asset.it is amazing.

But i have a problem. Please , can anybody tell me how can i integrate control freak?

if anybody did this integration before . please guide to me.

thanks in advance.

King Regards.

25. mischa2k

mischa2k

Update: V1.28 released!
    • Removed unused assets in project
    • ScriptableRecipe var replaced with actual type
    • Documentation updated (Script Events added)
    • PlayerStorageCommands renamed to PlayerStorageUsage for consistency
    • WeaponModel renamed to WeaponDetails so it's more obvious
    • Fixed ground panel flickering by moving one of the ground elements a bit higher
    • UIProgressBar code simplified
    • Utils.Raycast/Linecast/SpherecastWithout layerMask parameter added
    • Standing in shallow water instead of swimming as soon as we touch water
    • Climbing fixed: climb-exit is now checked via !Intersects instead of OnTriggerExit; rotation is now also reset when exiting rotated ladders
    • UIChat.singleton to avoid FindObjectOfType calls

I am not very good with Blender. Maybe some day :)

Never tried control freak before, sorry.

26. zabos13

zabos13

i need some help if it is possible.i have build headless mode and i have uploaded to server, when i build the webgl i get the error "TypeError: UNETWebSocketsInstances.hostsContainingMessages is null

27. nathanjams

nathanjams

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to add dialogue or quests to their USurvival projects.

Dialogue System is on half price sale right now and has a really great integration package for USurvival.

TonyLi likes this.
  28. MorpheusXI

MorpheusXI

Is there any thoughts of adding a in game currency element to enable users of this asset to monetize purchases of items. Or is there a cool almost zero coding asset available which could do this? Obviously would require the usurvival DB or another DB to persistently store user character assets etc.

29. Cybit

Cybit

I just saw this, so I'm sorry for the late reply. First, thanks for replying so quickly that's awesome! Secondly, I'm getting into the resource gathering now and the more I get into the meat of this template. The more I'm likely it. Thanks

mischa2k likes this.
  30. mischa2k

mischa2k

Never seen this one before. This happens with a fresh uSurvival project? Which OS?

uMMORPG has an item mall + coins currency that you could port over. Playfab might be worth considering too.

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: next version pending review!

• PlayerMeta.localPlayer added to replace Utils.ClientLocalPlayer() function. This is easier to use.
    • Upgraded to Unity 2017.4.17 LTS
    • Mirror updated to latest version (huge performance improvements)
    • Player UI windows are now hidden after disconnecting
    • NetworkNavMeshAgent: fixed dead monster sliding on clients if monster died while running

32. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

hi @vis2k , there is some easy way to add your updates to my project without affecting all my progress, sorry my ignorance is new in all that.

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Join our discord, we have a git repository where you can see all changes in the code and then apply the ones that you like.

RelajoSoft likes this.
  34. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

Thank you for responding, for a while I belong to your discord. Review what you are saying. Many thanks

mischa2k likes this.
  35. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.30 pending review!
    • Removed unused OnDeathDestroy script
    • ItemDropSpawner.netIdentity field removed because it's in NetworkBehaviour now
    • Converted SendMessage events to UnityEvents for 500-1000x performance improvement when calling events
    • Combat: removed unused invincible variable
    • Documentation updated
    • Fixed EnduranceBar tooltip
    • PlayerLook simplified. No more strange LookRotation / LookRotationChangeBy functions that do all kinds of weird things like store rotations for both character and freeLookParent in one variable. Character/freeLookParent/Camera rotations are set directly now and LateUpdate clamps camera rotation in all cases.

36. MangeyD

MangeyD

Based on how much I like uMMORPG I grabbed this a few weeks back when I saw it on sale and have only just had a chance to look at it closely now.

I think this will suit well for what I am trying to create but I need to work out how it all hangs together... overall tho it is looking very good and well worth picking up , so thx. Really looking forward to seeing how this kit ends up and what the community does with it.

I am having some issues with making a new player prefab and hopefully I can get some help on this through Discord. Some tips on this or docs that go through it in a little more detail would be great as I am close but it is not right.

I think enemy AI is key to a great game experience and I want to try and integrate something like Emerald AI. @vis2k is this something you would encourage or should I just wait and see what enemy AI gets added and use that as my starting point?

Great job tho on a very promising kit... I like uMMORPG but wanted something that was first/third person so I really like this so far.

Only thing I would like from the controller, if at all possible, would be a camera orbit in third person... everything else works pretty well but I like being able to see more than just the back of my player sometimes.

mischa2k likes this.
  37. mischa2k

mischa2k

I never tried Emerald AI, not sure how easy that is to use with uSurvival.
    uSurvival's AI is based on NetworkBehaviour though. So anything you want to use needs to work on the network too.

As for camera orbit: hold down the alt key while rotating your mouse!

MangeyD likes this.
  38. MangeyD

MangeyD

Thx for the camera tip and I will look into AI based on network behaviour
    :)

mischa2k likes this.
  39. johny256

johny256

Please next update
    Add In game menu.save loadgame .exit game. Settings game or quality
    Add Animation Aim
    Add animation Reloading weapon

40. egem2015

egem2015

Hi vis2k.

your all products are amazing. But i have a wish from you.

as i said before, please, ADD MOBILE SUPPORT.

i have tried to integrate control freak. But it is so messy. i can not pick up and use a weapon or item.

please add mobile support.

thanks in advance.

King Regards.

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

I am mostly concerned about getting all the networking right. I probably won't add gamepad or mobile support, that's really just different input methods.

42. heyouicmoi

heyouicmoi

Hi :)

I have another question. ^^

So my game is a hybrid (singleplayer/multiplayer). What I want to do is to have some features in the singleplayer mode that won't be available in the multiplayer mode. For example I put some NPCs but I only want to have them spawned in the singleplayer mode and not in MP, or I want the camera to be in front of the player in the solo mode, but behind the player in multiplayer.

To achieve that I was thinking about doing this:

-If the player use the "Server And Play" option, I will load the objects that are attached to the component "Singleplayer".
    -But if someone launches a headless server, then the singleplayer components won't be loaded.
    And then on the server browser, only the headless servers would be joinable.

I'm not really experienced with that but I was thinking about doing something like this: If the player pressed on the button "server and play", then the boolean "isitsolo" would be true and I will have a script that will load the singleplayer component, and if it's false because the server run in the headless mode, then I will not load them.

Do you think that's a good way to do achieve my goal/will it work? Or maybe it would be better to do another scene for the singleplayer mode? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  43. mischa2k

mischa2k

If I understand you right, then you can check isHost = isLocalPlayer && isServer; then do your singleplayer stuff if isHost==true.

44. craftrap

craftrap

How can I lock the mouse and lock it again every time it is locked. When I click on the options I add the interface, the mouse disappears. Character only appears in the interface.

45. mischa2k

mischa2k

I don't understand the question. What do you mean exactly?

46. craftrap

craftrap

Canvas > MaınUI > mouse visible = true okey
    I can't make the mouse visible when I add new UI.from which file I am getting this veriable and how do I make the mouse visible.

47. digiross

digiross

Tonight i want to evaluate the web demo looking towards purchasing. Is the web demo the most recent version, and from previous post is multiplayer the only missing feature?

Thanks

48. egem2015

egem2015

Hi everybody again.

can someone tell me how can i pick a weapon or item up and use it?

maybe you know i am trying to work this code in mobile. it is really a pain.

i need to know exactly how can i pick a weapon or item and use it?

thanks in advance.

King Regards.

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Add any new UI windows to the main camera's Cursor Locking windows list.

WebGL demo is mostly from mid November, so there are several new bugfixes since then.
    What do you mean by missing feature? Multiplayer definitely works, that was the point :)

Look at it and press F.

50. HiddenFace

HiddenFace

Hi, i love this asset !

Here are some suggestions :
    - Add rolling animations (to dodge melee attack) , like The Surge, Souls, Lord of Fallen, etc.
    - Add Parry animation (to counter attack with a good timing)
    - Add spell casts/projectils , like Dark and Light (a magic survival).

uSurvival is already a nice asset, i have no more ideas atm. I think rolling and parry are significant for this kind of game and will not oncroach on uMMORPG. Moreover uSurvival isn't a "Die and Retry", but with just these adds it could be.

Keep going, we love it ;)