Search Unity

uSurvival Official Thread - Unity Multiplayer Survival Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, May 14, 2018.

1. mcbauer

mcbauer

Thanks for the response, still trying to figure out discord... the link posted above goes no where for me.

Anywho, I figured the character controller would be tricky, luckily I'm an animator so I'll be fine with just tweaking what you have.

Which would you recommend for the swap? I need this switch to be fast and seamless.

And is that an "all clear" for mobile?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  2. mischa2k

mischa2k

This is the link: https://discordapp.com/invite/2gNKN78
    What do you mean with recommend for the swap?

uSurvival definitely runs on mobile, but there are no mobile controls and I am not really sure how you would do that on mobile anyway. Would need a fixed camera I suppose.

3. mcbauer

mcbauer

You gave two examples of how to swap out the player prefab for another in-game, I was just asking which you recommend for the fastest switch.

If it definitely runs on mobile, but you have no mobile controls, how do you play it on mobile?

4. mischa2k

mischa2k

I recommend remove+add player for the swap.

I am honestly not sure how you would play a uSurvival/Dayz type of game on mobile without going insane. I suppose you need two kind of touch controllers for movement and for the look direction.

mcbauer likes this.
  5. mcbauer

mcbauer

Yeah I'm not using this for survival, I'm honestly just trying to find a multiplayer solution that comes with a working example so I can build off it. Yours is the most complete solution I've found so far.

6. Tegleg

Tegleg

it does work on mobile. for touch control i am using control freak. set up similar to minecraft mobile controls, works very well.

@vis2k
    still having trouble with client connection, port forwarding does not help.
    what i would like to do is enable the matchmaker feature of unet and allow the client to join through that.
    please could you point me to the script and function where the client attempts to join a game?

thanks

mcbauer likes this.
  7. mcbauer

mcbauer

Did you have to modify anything to get it to work?

8. Tegleg

Tegleg

control freak has its own function to modify the input code automatically, very simple.
    other than that, scale the ui (craft, hotbar etc) bigger so you can see and use it on a phone.
    parent the control panel to the HUD, so it only appears after the player spawned.
    and of course use mobile shaders

mcbauer likes this.
  9. mischa2k

mischa2k

UNET was abandoned and there is virtually no support for any of their services or bugs.
    If you need a matchmaker then wait for their new google cloud matchmaker solution.

Tegleg and mcbauer like this.
  10. Tegleg

Tegleg

right ok thank you
    i didnt know about google cloud matchmaker

11. TonyFil

TonyFil

Hi, I changed the model of the player, the animations work, but the weapon is not displayed what to do ?
    Thank

12. mischa2k

mischa2k

Press pause and find the weapon in the hierarchy. Maybe it's too small or at the wrong position.

13. TonyFil

TonyFil

Yes, the weapon appeared but the animation hit doesn’t work

14. mischa2k

mischa2k

What exactly do you mean with 'doesn't work'? I can't see your screen from here, you need to describe it or make a video :)

15. TonyFil

TonyFil

sorry for my English
    I meant that the animation of hitting the axe does not work

16. mischa2k

mischa2k

The default axe in uSurvival isn't animated. It just gets parented to the hand bone, then the arm/hand are animated and the axe follows automatically.

17. mcbauer

mcbauer

Not sure what happened, but no I'm getting null errors when I try to play:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Database.<LoadStructures>m__0 (UnityEngine.GameObject p) (at Assets/uSurvival/Scripts/Database.cs:624)...etc.....

I added my 3 custom characters to the DB, tested, all was well.

Opened this morning, null errors. Any guess as to what might have happened? Only thing that happened was I switched platforms to build an apk. Now neither pc or android run without throwing this error, however the DB is showing all 3 characters.

I've even tried a fresh install. As soon as I a change the characters, the null throws.

18. mcbauer

mcbauer

Well it looks as though it was the Cartridges. I am not going to be using them in my game so I deleted them from the scene, which screwed things up.

FYI, you can't zip this project because of the ", " in the names. Because of that, I excluded them and hence the error.

Then on a new build, first thing I did was clean out the world, which removed the cartidges, and once again, the issue arose.

19. mischa2k

mischa2k

Go back through your backups and see when it started.
    Sorry I keep saying this, but it's the only way to find out.

20. mcbauer

mcbauer

Yeah that is what I posted, my conclusion as to what happened along the way. That way other people might see what I did to mess it up

mischa2k likes this.
  21. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I've been trying to deploy for a few weeks, but to no avail.
    I've tried using several separate FPS assets, but I can not sync. always has bugs.:(

It would be great if that were done. :)

22. mcbauer

mcbauer

Yeah bro, Control Freak is sweetness, thanks for the recommend

23. zabos13

zabos13

Will be any new update?

24. mischa2k

mischa2k

What exactly do you need?

25. Tegleg

Tegleg

if i may ask about crafting and how its supposed to work.

i made a couple of recipes just to familiarize myself with it.
    1 pallet made X item
    i wanted to do 2 pallets makes Y item, but it did not allow me to put 2 pallets in the crafting window.

is this how its supposed to be or is it a bug?
    i mean do i need each ingredient to be a different item?

thanks

26. mischa2k

mischa2k

Does the default recipe work? Water + Banana? Did you try replacing water with palette and banana with palette?

27. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: V1.26 pending review. Maintenance release.

V1.26
    • Updated Mirror & Telepathy
    • Upgraded to Unity 2017.4.13 LTS
    • Database.LoadInventory/LoadEquipment/LoadHotbar: added warnings in case items can't be loaded because they were deleted or aren't in the resources folder
    • Removed unused Item.cs SyncListItem definition
    • Item.data access now throws are useful error message if the item with that hash was never loaded
    • NavMeshAgent.ResetMovement() extension to properly clear path AND velocity to fix FSM issues
    • Removed NetworkTime component. Use Mirror's NetworkTime instead
    • Latency indicator
    • Removed deprecated GUI Layer from Main Camera
    • Utils.ClosestDistance uses ClosestPoint and returns 0 for intersections.
    • collider.ClosestPointOnBounds replaced with Collider.ClosestPoint everywhere for improved accuracy. Also reduced all normal attack skill ranges a bit to adjust for it.

28. WeedBurger

WeedBurger

Does it have, inventory slots for clothes etc.? Or is it only for wep and misc. ?

29. mischa2k

mischa2k

Yes, it has slots for clothes, I copied that code from my other uMMORPG Asset.
    I do not have example clothes yet though. Still need to pay an artist to make some.

recon0303, mcbauer and WeedBurger like this.
  30. elyoe

elyoe

Hello, I would like to know something before buying, I am learning to program C # and at the same time work with Unity. I plan to make a survival game like Rust or Hurtworld. There is something very important that maybe I as a novice in programming can not do.

-It exists some system of control of door or territory like Hurtworld or Rust, I mean that anyone can open the door and enter your house. It would be great if you could control the construction zones for a Totem like in Hurtworld, or some other way to take care of your properties.

- When the player is killed, he expels the items he has in his inventory?

- When a player disconnects leaves some instance in the world? For example, suppose I have many things in the inventory and someone comes to attack me, I just disconnected and that's it. It would be great if even if you disconnect, it is possible to kill him and collect his things.

- Is there mining? , for example with a Pick mining stone, with the ax wood or any other strange material that you can think of, so you could use it for crafting etc ...

-Something very important is the bonfire system for cooking.

Thank you. I would like to say that up to this moment it is the best package I have seen.

31. mischa2k

mischa2k

Hi,
    - There is no system of control. But you do get all the source code, so you can add it yourself if needed.
    - Yes, player drops items on death. Can be disabled easily if needed
    - You can disconnect any time right now yes. That's a good point though
    - Yes, you can already harvest a treew ith an axe and then wood comes out (see WebGL demo)
    - No bonfire yet, but crafting is there. I just need to add crafting at bonfire.

Cheers

32. elyoe

elyoe

Thank you for responding. The control system that I mentioned is something that worries me, maybe later when I finish my study of C # I could think about doing it myself, I do not think that with my current knowledge I can do it. I'll be aware of the asset and its updates. Maybe I'll buy it and look for a friend to help me with that control system.

What about the trees is not a problem. I was referring more to obtaining stone using a pick and wood using an ax.

Although I have not bought it yet, I recommend to anyone who has thought of creating a survival asset, the quick response of your developer has left me impressed.

Have a good day everyone.

33. mischa2k

mischa2k

Harvesting is always the same concept, doesn't matter if it's a tree or a rock. You hit it and stuff falls out when it dies :)

34. WeedBurger

WeedBurger

Could you also please copy Guild system from uMMORPG to uSruvival ?

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

I probably won't, I am going more into the direction of DayZ with this one.
    Feel free to copy it over yourself though, it shouldn't be too difficult.

36. cwxxc3

cwxxc3

Will there be any updates or is this "finished" like voxl is? There have been plenty of good suggestions in this thread to add. Or even some optimizations so we can place many structures and storage boxes in a server

37. mischa2k

mischa2k

There are more updates yes.
    Pushed out a large chunk of features during the last couple of months. Working on networking right now.

38. johny256

johny256

InGame Menu?
    Reload weapon and beter animation, Aiming,run weapon. walk weapon. idle weapon.save player and equipement

39. mischa2k

mischa2k

Press tab to see the menu.
    Weapons can already be reloaded, press R.
    You can aim with the mouse.
    You can walk and run with weapons already yes.
    There is equipment.
    There is saving.
    Better animations would be useful yes.

40. RefactorDev

RefactorDev

When changing the player model it kinda messes with stuff
    upload_2018-11-4_21-33-22.png

Depending on which part you selected for righthand in the PlayerEquipment script it sticks to an unknown location and stretches the model

41. mischa2k

mischa2k

Set the righthand slot to the model's right hand ideally

42. RefactorDev

RefactorDev

Setting it to the right hand just makes the hand stretched out it seems to go to 0.0.0
    And if I move it moves with it but it's like attached to 0.0.0 so the model moves with it

43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Can you check out the built in model to compare the way it works?
    It definitely works with that one. Something must be different.

44. RefactorDev

RefactorDev

Yeah something is of but I have no idea how to resolve it. I'll do some debugging tonight and see or I have a break through.

mischa2k likes this.
  45. RGreulich

RGreulich

Just bought this over the weekend. This system is absolutely amazing and really easy to use and understand!

Couple of questions on future updates:
    1. Any plans for a craftable bonfire to add cooking?
    2. Maybe a craftable forge to create other items that cannot be crafted in the main crafting UI (maybe a separate recipe repository) and also to repaid items?
    3. Any plans for Xbox controller support?
    4. Day/Night cycle with weather?
    5. Is there an option to wipe and start the database fresh?
    6. An way to integrate with Dialog System?

Some of these things are probably easy to implement. I haven't had the time to go through everything yet as this is a huge system. I figured I would ask though as you can make these things better than I could.

mischa2k likes this.
  46. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Dialogue System for Unity already includes a uSurvival integration package. (documentation) Quest Machine does, too.

nixter and mischa2k like this.
  47. RGreulich

RGreulich

Whoa! Didnt see that! Also, props for the amazingly fast reply!!!

48. TonyLi

TonyLi

Just happened to be on at the right time. :) If you have any questions about using the integration, come on over to the Dialogue System thread or the Pixel Crushers forum.

49. ddoine

ddoine

Question, maybe a silly one, but does this client run standalone or do you have to play through the webpage?

50. mischa2k

mischa2k

Thanks for buying!
    1. Craftable bonfire is on my roadmap yes. Most likely the next feature, can't give a date yet though.
    3. Not at the moment. Shouldn't be too difficult though.
    4. Probably not. This is up to the specific game that you want to make and it's as simple as binding your day time to NetworkTime.time
    5. Delete the database.sqlite file