Search Unity

uSurvival Official Thread - Unity Multiplayer Survival Asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mischa2k, May 14, 2018.

1. Necron99

Necron99

(formatted version: https://pastebin.com/Ug55xvbz)

You could only enable the camera while the inventory window is open. One way to do this would be:

1. In the Volund prefab, select the CameraEquipmentAvatar, create a new tag called AvatarCamera, and set the CameraEquipmentAvatar GameObject tag to AvatarCamera.

2. In UIMainPanel.cs, add/change

[HideInInspector]
    private GameObject[] inventoryCams;

private void EnableDisableAvatarCameras(bool enableIt)
    {
    if (inventoryCams == null)
    {
    inventoryCams = GameObject.FindGameObjectsWithTag("AvatarCamera");
    }

foreach (var cam in inventoryCams)
    {
    cam.SetActive(enableIt);
    }
    }

private void Update()
    {
    GameObject player = Player.localPlayer;
    if (player)
    {
    if (inventoryCams == null)
    {
    EnableDisableAvatarCameras(false);
    }

// hotkey (not while typing in chat, etc.)
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(hotKey) && !UIUtils.AnyInputActive())
    {
    panel.SetActive(!panel.activeSelf);
    EnableDisableAvatarCameras(panel.active);
    }

mischa2k likes this.
  2. mischa2k

mischa2k

I just tried it. What's the FPS difference for you with/without the avatar camera?
    For me it's not noticeable. Maybe 1 FPS.

3. Necron99

Necron99

On my system (i7-5000 6-core + GTX750), when rapidly panning the camera near the battle-bus and fire barrel in FP view, I'm seeing about 90-105 FPS without and 98-110 FPS with. Of course, that's just me eyeballing the stats gizmo. Also, the use of GetObjectsByTag() is potentially inconvenient to debug, so maybe it's not a worthwhile change.

mischa2k likes this.
  4. mischa2k

mischa2k

Djayp likes this.
  5. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.51 pending review:
    • Disabled climbing acceleration for a better feeling
    • Set jumping max speed when starting to jump so players can't press the shift key to suddenly jump faster while in the air
    • Jog backward Animation
    • Landing Roll Animation
    • Mirror updated to latest version
    • Move CharacterController in FixedUpdate instead of Update. Fixes a bug where movement speed would be significantly slower in builds. Fixes rapid twitching when sliding down some slides.
    • NetworkTransformRubberbanding uses FixedUpdate too, just to be sure
    • isGroundedWithinTolerance uses networked velocity

Djayp likes this.
  6. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.52 pending review with the new Movement Synchronization. It is 100% precise now, there should be no more edge cases / interpolation issues.
    • New FixedUpdate based movement synchronization with Rubberbanding
    • Removed NetworkTransformRubberbanding component
    • Downgraded to Unity 2018.3.6 to avoid linux UI StackOverflowException bug
    • PlayerMovement: if not localplayer then adjust collider before moving, not after
    • PlayerMovement.OnTriggerExit: add ClientCallback for consistency with OnTriggerEnter
    • Remove pool door to avoid unrealistic edge cases when starting/stopping swimming

Djayp likes this.
  7. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.53 [released 2019-06-11]
    • Adjusted water collider so it doesn't go through the wall
    • Save and load y rotation too for a better feeling between sessions. it feels too strange when spawning while looking into the wrong direction. Make sure to delete the old database file when upgrading manually.
    • Set crawling to grounded transition to fixed duration for a smoother transition. otherwise it's too instant because the crawling idle animation is only 1 frame long.
    • Mirror updated to latest version (forceHidden fix etc.)
    • Replace Skinned Mesh Equipment bones if possible in order to follow IK if needed

Djayp likes this.
  8. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.54 pending review:
    • Added Gizmo to respawn point
    • Respawn point moved into the compound
    • Added more zombies around the compound
    • Fix door not opening in server-only mode because the animation wasn't played
    • Rebaked navmesh after pool modification so zombies can't walk through the wall anymore
    • Make RangedWeaponItem Raycast layers configurable and remove Water, UI from them to fix a bug where bullets wouldn't go through a water surface.
    • Set server tick rate to 50Hz, which is common for fast paced / shooter servers.

tylerguitar75 and Djayp like this.
  9. craftrap

craftrap

We want good updates this is Survival theme system but you not focus survival updates.
    Base building system(Palette :D lol really funny ) Not work plant system ı cant add door.
    backpack system
    Who killed Who
    Party/Clan system
    Vehicles
    c4, grenade vs.

Please stop trash updates...

johny256 likes this.
  10. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sorry but usually it's smarter to get the existing features perfect before adding new features.
    If people want to make a real game with this then there can't be bugs.

DBarlok, tylerguitar75 and Djayp like this.
  11. lordbooka

lordbooka

Hello, I got the problem with the character selection window is not disappeared when the client has joined the session (it happens on client side only). This doesn't occur with vanilla asset, but once I modified the prefab or duplicated the new one - the character selection window will stay forever.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

uSurvival with latest update 1.54
    Unity 2018.4.2f1

*****************************UPDATE*************************************
    Nevermind, degrade to Unity 2018.3.6 as had been mention in V1.52 stops this issue completely.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    mischa2k likes this.
  12. craftrap

craftrap

Everything seems to be working right now. I think you should go to new features. The first version has a performance improvement over the current version. Zombies, like trees.

13. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.55 pending review: another core update with several important character controller improvements!
    • Fix fall damage on clients sometimes not being applied because we calculated it AFTER calling controller.move on the server, even though we call it BEFORE controller.move for the local player.
    • PlayerMovement.OnGUI: add more debug info
    • OpenCharacterController: GroundedTestDistance made configurable
    • OpenCharacterController: groundedTestDistance default value set to 0.002 and added comment. Fixes a bug where fall controller.isGrounded would constantly switch between true/false while standing on the Floor BoxCollider, even though it works fine with MeshColliders.
    • Zombie prefab attack range reduced from 3 to 2 for a more realistic value
    • Utils.IsReachableVertically adjusts head distance checks by size/2 for a more realistic reachability. Fixes a bug where a zombie could attack a player standing on the battle bus.
    • PlayerMovement.EventLadderEnter added so that OnTriggerEnter doesn't start it no matter what. Instead the state machine takes care of it as it should. Fixes a bug where the collider wouldn't be reset when going from crawling/crouching to climbing. Also allows for underwater climbing now.
    • PlayerMovement: don't decelerate with run speed when starting to crawl while running. limit speed to the state's max speed. feels better for the gameplay, and allows for easier speedhack protection later on if we can always assume a max speed for a state.

Djayp likes this.
  14. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.56 pending review: a few more character controller improvements. Need to get it perfect to finally start my own game.
    • Fix hidden objects still showing because NetworkProximityGridChecker used to return false instead of true when forceHidden
    • PlayerMovement: .collider replaced with .controllerCollider, which is not affected by animations
    • Player animation controller: disabled HasExitTime for swim state exit transition. Fixes a bug where the swim animation would sometimes be played for way too long even after standing on the ground already.
    • Adjusted water exit plane
    • PlayerMovement.OnGUI: wider area so that lastFall fits in one line
    • Player prefab: underwater threshold set to 0.9 for a better feeling

langtusaupt and Djayp like this.
  15. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.57 pending review. Huge improvements to zombie AI and performance by removing GC.
    • Mirror updated to latest version (reduced allocations, several fixes)
    • Zombie MOVING state: if target is unreachable then stop movement before going back to IDLE. Fixes a bug where the zombie would be sliding to players sometimes.
    • Zombie ATTACKING state: go directly to MOVING if target is too far away. It's more robust this way and avoids one unnecessary transition to IDLE.
    • Utils.IsReachableVertically: originTop reuses originCenter for consistency with otherCenter calculation
    • Zombie collider field replaced with mainCollider, and added a CapsuleCollider (trigger) to the main Zombie prefab. This is easier to work with for distance calculations like attack range.
    • Zombie/Player: target collider is now found via GetComponent instead of GetComponentInChildren because all entities have main colliders now (instead of only having animated hip colliders)
    • Utils.IsReachableVertically: color code the DrawLine calls for significantly(!) easier debugging. Now what we see has meaning.
    • Utils.IsReachableVertically factors in the collider size via ClosestPoint to fix a bug where it would return false even though it was reachable, simply because the maxDistance wasn't enough to include both colliders in it since we previously calculated from center to center.
    • Zombie.EventTargetUnreachable: consider attack range too to fix a bug where a zombie considers a player unreachable if he is out of attack range due to the latest maxDistance parameter in IsReachable.
    • Zombie attack speed and animation speed doubled
    • Zombie: remove EventTargetUnreachable. Always run as close to target as possible instead and only attack once we are in attack range and if reachable. Fixes a bug where a zombie wouldn't stand idly if a player is behind a corner, only to follow it and stand idly again if the player moved out of attack range.
    • Zombie IDLE/ATTACKING states: don't go to MOVING while the path is pending. Fixes a bug where the zombie would constantly switch between IDLE->MOVING->IDLE->... if the target is behind a wall with no path to it, which would cause strange behavior and constant state resync.
    • Utils.IsPointInScreen helper function added
    • PlayerMovement.OnGUI: only show debug info if in screen. Fixes a bug where debug guis would be shown in wrong places.
    • PlayerMovement.OnGUI: improved debug gui color readability
    • PlayerMovement.OnGUI: only show lastFall.y
    • Zombie.OnGUI: added visual debug info too.
    • debugVisibilityCurves to fade debug GUI in and out and only display if any alpha to avoid computations.
    • Volund body part colliders (as trigger). Make sure to add trigger colliders to the body parts when updating manually.
    • Zombie body part colliders (as trigger). Make sure to add trigger colliders to the body parts when updating manually.
    • Zombie main collider/gameobject set to IgnoreRaycast layer, while child objects all have Zombie layer so that body parts are getting hit properly, and main collider is only used for movement.
    • Player main collider/gameobject set to IgnoreRaycast layer, while child objects all have Player layer so that body parts are getting hit properly, and main collider is only used for movement.
    • Utils.IsReachableVertically: check 'if nothing is inbetween' instead of checking 'if linecast hits other collider'. This way it works for IgnoreRaycast main colliders again. This is also faster because we only linecast if within distance. Also fixes a bug where zombies previously would be able to attack the player through the fence.
    • Utils.IsReachableVertically uses Physics.Linecast directly now. This is possible because the zombie/player main colliders are on IgnoreRaycast layers and the body parts are triggers, so we can simply ignore triggers while casting. This makes zombie IsReachable checks SIGNIFICANTLY faster and fixes a performance regression where the server would completely slow down if one zombie constantly does IsReachable checks between two aggro players.
    • NetworkManagerSurvival.showDebugGUI option added
    • Documentation updated (character creation updated to use body parts etc.)
    • Health component: avoid Sum to fix performance regression and GC
    • Endurance component: avoid Linq to fix performance regression and GC
    • Hydration component: avoid Linq to fix performance regression and GC
    • Nutrition component: avoid Linq to fix performance regression and GC
    • Temperature component: avoid Linq to fix performance regression and GC
    • Equipment.GetItemIndexByName: avoid Linq
    • Equipment bonus: avoid Linq

Zombies use Unity's built in Navigation system, which uses A*.

Djayp likes this.
  16. DevS0L0

DevS0L0

This Is a base template, you can't have an entire game made for you. I'd much rather see updates and additions of core code rather than systems that you can make easily.

- Who Killed Who, find "if health.current == 0", then use the chat system to send a message of the players name fetched from their ID, then display something like "IS DEAD" at the end of the message.
    - Party/Clan system is adding a players ID to a "Safe Bin", then add scripts, scripted buttons, etc and etc.
    -Vehicles is adding Mirror to your vehicle system. https://vis2k.github.io/Mirror
    -C4 and Grenades are very simple.

These updates are the opposite of trash. For example, "Utils.IsReachableVertically uses Physics.Linecast directly now" Is a HUGE performance improvement because "the server would completely slow down if one zombie constantly does IsReachable checks". That means if somebody was at an unreachable height (I'm only assuming right now) and a zombie was in attack range, it would throw constant IsReachable checks that would "completely slow down" the server. That's a game breaking issue fixed by our benefactor.

These updates at some point will stop and you will have to do these things for yourself.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    tylerguitar75, Refeas and mischa2k like this.
  17. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.58 pending review:
    • Zombie AggroArea layer changed to new AggroArea layer that only collides with the Player layer. Improves performance because previously the AggroArea would collide with anything.
    • PlayerLook.raycastLayers LayerMask added and used in PlayerLook.lookPositionRaycasted. This way we can exclude the AggroArea layer and not raycast against it when doing melee hits etc.
    • RangedWeaponItem.raycastLayers removed. It uses PlayerLook.raycastLayers instead. This is overall more consistent and avoids having to configure each weapon's raycast layers separately.
    • PlayerInteraction uses PlayerLook.raycastLayers for consistency. This way items can be picked through AggroAreas too.
    • MeleeWeaponItem uses PlayerLook.raycastLayers for consistency. This way melee weapons can hit through the AggroArea too.
    • Build system (StructureItem, PlayerConstruction) use Look.raycastLayers for consistency. This way structures can be built within AggroAreas too.
    • Zombie.allowKiting option

Djayp likes this.
  18. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.59 [released 2019-07-09]
    • Combat: avoid Linq for performance and to reduce GC
    • CursorLocking: avoid Linq
    • Inventory: avoid Linq
    • NetworkManagerSurvival: avoid Linq
    • NetworkMessages: avoid Linq
    • PlayerEquipment: avoid Linq
    • Utils: avoid Linq
    • UIUtils: avoid Linq

Djayp likes this.
  19. athosrojas

athosrojas

someone try to integrate this asset with oculus sdk?? is it possible to use it to make a oculus mobile game like GO , gear vr or quest ??? i give a look of the player prefab and the way its works i dont undestand how it can be integrated with a oculus prefab camera.. ( i am a 3d designer not a programer :) )

20. mischa2k

mischa2k

I believe someone tried that before, it should be possible.

21. lordbooka

lordbooka

Hello again,
    I presume if I would like to update from 1.58 to 1.59, then the only files that need to be replaced are just from the list above?
    Or should I import the whole 1.59 project, then insert my modified codes later?

22. mischa2k

mischa2k

Try what works best for you, but either way make sure to create a backup of your project first.
    I am not sure how well the asset store update feature works, since I never use it myself.
    We also have a git repository where you can see the code changes in detail, check out the information channel in our discord for that (see my signature).

lordbooka likes this.
  23. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.60 pending review: Hotbar Locations!
    2019-07-12 hotbar locations.png
    It's now possible (but optional) to display hotbar items on the player's body. I have been thinking about a good way to do this for a long time, and this is what I will use for my own game later. Really happy about it, I hope you guys like it too.

Other changes:
    • Entity.GetInventoryIndexByName: avoid allocations
    • Mirror updated to latest version (performance improvements, NetworkWriter pooling, SyncList no observers memory fix, etc.)
    • Database.Connect function called from NetworkManagerMMO.OnStartServer to only connect on server, not on clients. Fixes the WebGL error.
    • NetworkManagerSurvival: disable some log messages to not spam the server logs
    • NetworkManagerSurvival.OnApplicationQuit removed because Mirror handles it now
    • NetworkManagerMMO.DoServerDisconnect: don't log if no playercontroller because that happens if a player disconnects while in lobby.
    • Database: forgot to initialize singleton in Awake after recent Connect change
    • Zombie class renamed to Monster because not all monsters will be zombies, and for consistency with uRPG/uMMORPG
    • EquipmentItem.category moved to UsableItem.category
    • Hotbar location models
    • Documentation updated (hotbar location models)

DBarlok, Djayp and Testmobile like this.
  24. Testmobile

Testmobile

Hey, i just bought your asset, looks pretty nice, im still fooling around and trying to learn the basics, i was curious if a UMA character would work there?!

25. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Some have addons for UMA and there's another one custom made by one of the community members. You should check out the discord.

Testmobile and mischa2k like this.
  26. johny256

johny256

Add Reload Animation
    Add First person hands And weapon (realistic Aiming)
    Add Damage numbers systém
    Add doors keys

27. Czejkab

Czejkab

AAaand johny is back :D :D

28. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

No you.

29. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

I have noticed that the game does not have a loading screen during the time the world is loaded, so what would happen if the world is very large or full of built structures etc ..., when connecting to the server that would pass, it would stay frozen there until it loads?

30. mischa2k

mischa2k

At the moment, yes

31. lordbooka

lordbooka

This may be a bit newbie question:
    How to broadcast client animation from one to others?
    I try to implement character custom animation to PlayerMovement, however, the animation seems appear locally.

32. mischa2k

mischa2k

I usually synchronize the state to every player, and then they play their own animations locally.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    lordbooka likes this.
  33. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

Thank you very much for answering vis2k, I'm having a lot of fun with this asset, even for the person who doesn't know much about programming, things are quite organized.

mischa2k likes this.
  34. mischa2k

mischa2k

Good to hear. Please leave a review on the Asset Store if you like it :)

35. mischa2k

mischa2k

Progress: furnace crafting coming soon:

upload_2019-7-29_16-36-34.png

lordbooka likes this.
  36. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.61 pending review - Furnace crafting!
    • Inventory.SlotsOccupied added
    • ScriptableRecipe made abstract, added CraftingRecipe to prepare for Furnace
    • ScriptableRecipe.OnValidate: set ingredient amount to at least 1 after assigning a new ingredient.
    • ScriptableRecipe.CanCraftWith: filter out empty slots to prepare for furnace
    • CraftingRecipe.FindForIngredients function that is used by PlayerCrafting and UICrafting. Also avoids Linq for performance.
    • PlayerStorageUsage: use look.headPosition instead of transform.position in Cmds. Fixes a bug where we could open the storage but not modify slots because we were in PlayerInteraction's raycast range but not in Cmd's range. Also makes interacting with storages above the player easier.
    • Crafting at Furnace

Djayp and lordbooka like this.
  37. Refeas

Refeas

Keep up the good work! Any updates on the NetworkProximityGridChecker's performance?

38. mischa2k

mischa2k

What do you mean exactly?
    The grid checker is around 30x faster than the old one already :)

39. Refeas

Refeas

I sent you the profiler output a while ago and you said you will look into it. It's causing massive GC allocs and eats most of the CPU when you spawn a lot of objects (say hundreds) with the grid checker. I don't use any proximity checker ATM, because it was bottlenecking the performance too much.

40. mischa2k

mischa2k

Sorry about that. Could you send me the link to the profiler results again please?

41. Refeas

Refeas

mischa2k likes this.
  42. mischa2k

mischa2k

43. mischa2k

mischa2k

Testmobile likes this.
  44. RefactorDev

RefactorDev

An unban and discord invite would be nice:) Refactor#2735

45. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

I leave some ideas here, they don't necessarily have to be added.
    1-It would be great if there was a way to divide the amount of an object that we have in the inventory.

For example, if I have 100 Bullets, and I want to give it to a partner 50, because eventually I don't want to run out of bullets, if it were possible with a right click, dividing the amount collected from any item would be great.

2-Suppose that by crafting we get a Shack, with the current construction system it is impossible to use it to put this Shack on the ground. Example:

--> 12 wood + 5 banana = Shack

This Shack should be possible to put on the ground, but I do not see how to do it using the current construction system. It would be great if vis2k added some extra function to add object placing. They could also be a crafting machine or a Shack

We can not dream of buying a game made completely, it is fun to create your own things, but I would be very grateful if these two things especially the object Placing were added.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    mischa2k likes this.
  46. RelajoSoft

RelajoSoft

@vis2k When you have some free time watch the video that I uploaded to discord about a possible error in Furnace crafting.
    Best Regards

47. mischa2k

mischa2k

V1.62 pending review:
    • Fix UIInventory slots being used when dragged onto themselves because button.interactable was set and would overwrite UIDragAndDropable's interactable while dragged.
    • NetworkProximityGridChecker: reduce OnRebuildObservers allocations from 9.6KB to 8.1KB by reusing the HashSet
    • NetworkProximityGridChecker: reduce Grid2D Get allocations from 8.1KB to 3.5KB by reusing empty HashSet
    • fix Furnace.Update warning by using ServerCallback
    • fix Furnace not rebaking after dragging item out of it while baking. last slots are now assigned all the time no matter what.

docwes likes this.
  48. craftrap

craftrap

• Check the video and photos please Where am I wrong?
    • Thanks for help...

Attached Files:

49. mischa2k

mischa2k

Please compare with the built in player prefab and the animation controller. That's what they are for :)

50. Moonthurst

Moonthurst

Could someone tell me as of today (28/08/2019) what version of unity should I use so that everything in uSurvival would work properly. On the asset store is says version 2018.3.6 and higher but I doubt that uSurvival is ready and fully compatible with Unity 2019.2+ Thanks