Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Using "WaitForCompletion" is incredibly-slow when loading FBX files In "Simulate Groups" Mode

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by dayflygirl, Sep 27, 2021.

1. dayflygirl

dayflygirl

Using "WaitForCompletion" is incredibly-slow when loading FBX files In "Simulate Groups" Mode

I'm using windowsOS editor version 2020.3.15f2 and addressables version 1.19.4

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll flag with the team for some guidance.

3. andymilsom

andymilsom

Unity Technologies

Simulate Groups is the same as Use AssetDatabase, but with a delay. WaitForCompletion just skips the delay to load immediately. Nothing has changed in this regard, it could be that the FBX is large and requires a long time to load?

The best way to proceed with this is to report a bug report, where we can observe the behaviour locally.
    Things to include:
    Do you also have this slow in Use AssetDatabase?
    Can you upload a profiler capture of this?
    Is it a regression / start after updating to Addressables version 1.19.4 from a previous version? (Or Unity version)

4. dayflygirl

dayflygirl

I uploaded a sample project to explain the issue more:
    upload_2021-10-12_15-8-55.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  5. andymilsom

andymilsom

Unity Technologies

Thanks @dayflygirl , it looks like I was looking at the wrong spot.
    It looks like we are using a very low value for the iteration step when doing wait for completed. A case has been made to fix this.

6. cmoron

cmoron

any update?i have the same issue.

7. andymilsom

andymilsom

Unity Technologies

This has not yet been fixed in a release.
    In the mean time we recommend using Use AssetDatabase and Use Existing Build. Simulate Groups is considered bad practice and would be ideal not to use, even after this fix. Simulate Groups is a bad estimation of what it may download as, it simply waits for a while. This is not considered a good way to simulate how it may feel during download, and does not take a lot of factors into account.
    To best experience a more accurate download and loading process of actual Bundles, it is best to use the built content. If you want to change the download speed, then the Editor Hosting service has an upload speed that can be set for this purpose.