Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Using VS for high level programming and interacting with Bolt using C#

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by PlayCreatively, Nov 25, 2020.

1. PlayCreatively

PlayCreatively

All of the tutorials I've found on youtube don't feature any info on the Bolt API and how you can interact with it in C# code.

In my instance I want to use VS to create simple events which only need to string a few functions together and wouldn't make sense to dedicate a whole class to. I've only seen people using Bolts as a component but I'd rather need to save these graphs into a dictionary which I can reference.

Can someone perhaps drop a few links to get me, and others that want to use VS at a higher level, can get started? Many thanks

2. guybro_thunderboots

guybro_thunderboots

3. PlayCreatively

PlayCreatively

This is a good source, I forgot I had seen this at one point. The problem that's facing me is that Bolt seems to be a component only system. I don't find any way of running a flowgraph without binding it to an object in the scene using a component. considering how beefy the Bolt system is I can't believe they're limiting its use case like this. Do you know anything about this? Thanks for the resource btw.

4. guybro_thunderboots

guybro_thunderboots

> I don't find any way of running a flowgraph without binding it to an object in the scene using a component.

I don't think this is possible. IIRC, last time I checked the source, Bolt is designed to run within the lifecycle of a GameObject.

PlayCreatively likes this.