Search Unity

Question Using video for MARS simulation examples?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by little_fat, Aug 26, 2020.

1. little_fat

little_fat

Hi, I'm trying to use video from my phone to test against. I have an iPhone and a Windows PC. So I think this could help me a lot.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to make this work. Are there examples of the workflow for this?

2. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hi there! Thanks for your interest in MARS.

This workflow is something we will be addressing in the MARS companion app for iOS and Android. We're hard at work getting this ready for release, but you can read a bit of a preview on how it will work here https://blogs.unity3d.com/2020/04/23/mars-companion-apps/

The videos there show an example of the recorded data workflow, specifically this one

We are still working on the final bit which is to get the recorded video to line up with the camera tracking and AR data, which is why you see the point cloud and surfaces from a third-person perspective. Once we have this worked out, you will be able to see recorded video as a background for the Simulated Device View in MARS.

I'll update this thread when we have more to shaere.

3. little_fat

little_fat

Ok. So I shouldn't be expecting this to work yet, right?

Any ETA on this feature? I ask this because I'm paying $50/mo and this is the one reason I'm using MARS. Everything else I want is available via other free solutions.

4. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

> Ok. So I shouldn't be expecting this to work yet, right?

Correct.

> Any ETA on this feature?

Sorry, we don't have a public launch date for the companion app. We will be releasing a private beta ahead of the public launch. I will reach out privately to you about this.