Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

using UnityEngine.Tilemaps missing in 2021.1.f1?????

Discussion in '2D' started by docsavage, Mar 30, 2021.

1. docsavage

docsavage

Hi,

Been trying unity 2021.1.f1 and can't add - using UnityEngine.Tilemaps. It doesn't appear in auto complete and complains if just manually type in full and save.

I copied the project folder and imported into 2020.3.1f1 and it shows up fine. Must be 2021.1 related as it's the exact same project (copy) in both versions.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

2. rarac

rarac

do you have the tilemap package?

MelvMay likes this.
  3. docsavage

docsavage

Yep. Exact same project works in 2020. The only difference is the folder name (and bit of code added to the project in the 2020 version) it was copied into to distinguish the two. Also just downloaded and tried 2020.1.1f1 and get same problem. Added screen shots to clarify.

All fine in 2020.

upload_2021-3-31_19-53-40.png

Not showing in 2021.

upload_2021-3-31_19-53-58.png

Thanks

4. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

The folder structure should not make a difference, unless you have an Assembly Definition in the parent folder with a special configuration. Do share this with us if you have such an Assembly Definition!

Otherwise, in the Package Manager, under Built-in, ensure that the Tilemap module is enabled, and that there are no errors shown in the console window.
    upload_2021-4-1_9-19-1.png

5. docsavage

docsavage

Hi @ChuanXin,

Have double checked and the Tilemap module is enabled. As an experiment I copied the project to my linux system and it's the same problem. So Windows 10 and Fedora 33 using 2021.1.0f1 and 2021.1.f1 are the same. I tried the same project in 2020.3.2f1 on windows and linux and they both work great.

No idea what happening. Maybe a one off. Maybe not. Not sure if it's package manager playing up in 2021.1. Package manager is not consistent between versions anyway as noticed some differences with the built in and unity packages. The older versions of unity are showing Unity.Mathematics as an option and in the 2020+ versions it's missing (unless someone having a bad day thought it would be good to remove/move it. Meaning the new mathematics functions are missing as well, eg int3 etc).

On windows and linux systems I've unistalled the older versions via unity hub and installed the latest versions if that makes a difference?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  6. rarac

rarac

try removing the package and reinstalling the package

also try making a new project and see if you can use tilemaps

7. docsavage

docsavage

Thanks for you time @rarac.

Created a new project on the linux system but still same problem. Is it just me or anyone else seeing it????? Would think it was affecting others.

8. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

I do not think it would make a difference, as the Tilemap Editor package is built into to the Unity Editor install and should be available to you always.

If you do not mind, could you file a bug report with your project and post the case number here? Thanks!

docsavage likes this.
  9. docsavage

docsavage

Hi @ChuanXin,

Thanks for the reply. I've installed 2021.1.2f1 and the problem has gone. UnityEngine.Tilemaps is now showing up.

An odd problem and even more odd that it occured on two different systems and operating systems. But it's working now on windows - not tried on linux yet.

Thanks anyway.