Search Unity

Using UnityAnalytics data at runtime on users device

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Dennooo, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Dennooo

Dennooo

Hey there,

I have the following problem: I would like to divide my players into different groups, depending on when the player triggered a certain UnityEvent (relative to other players).

E.g:
    The first 500 users that started installing the game are assigned to group A, the next 500 to group B and all other users are assigned to group C.

Now my question:
    Is it possible to query Unity.Analytics data at runtime on the users device to segment players according to live data?

Many thanks in advance :)

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. Dennooo

Dennooo

Hi Jeff,
    thanks for your reply.

I did check the A/B-Testing Section but it says:

"A treatment is a set of one or more Remote Settings
    to which you assign unique values for each variant group. At runtime, the A/B testing service randomly assigns a player to one of the groups based on your variant allocation percentages."

While this is the way to go for most controlled experiments, my experiment requires that I can assign players to a treatment based on when they triggered a specific event in the game relative to other players. Would that still be possible?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

How are you checking the "when" and relative to other players in your game? Are you keeping a leaderboard or similar on a server? Just trying to understand your configuration before I make recommendations.

5. Dennooo

Dennooo

I was hoping that I could utilize the UnityAnalytics data at runtime to get the current number of game installs and assign the players accordingly. But I don't think that is possible, so it seems that I have to run a list on a server to track the number of game installs by myself.

I had hoped that I could skip that step by accessing the UnityAnalytics data.

For the leaderboard I don't have plans of using anything else than dreamlo (yeah I know - dreamlo has severe limitations :) ).

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unfortunately we do no provide a client Analytics API as you suggest.