Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Unity to make a courier app

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Enchiridion11, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Enchiridion11

Enchiridion11

Hey guys!

Just wanted to get some advice.

Is it possible/viable making a courier delivery app using Unity? I am trying to think of all the boxes I need to tick: user login, add details such as address, use Google Maps to validate address, display products, track package etc.

If not, is there a better alternative out there?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Potentially you could use Unity. What is your goal? Do you have access to a tracking API?

3. ferretnt

ferretnt

You can use Unity and Firebase, but unless unity brings you some advantage on the client you may be quicker using Xamarin+Firebase, React+Firebase, etc.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. Enchiridion11

Enchiridion11

Goal is to create an app for clients to order goods and have it delivered to their address.

I have a lot of knowledge in Unity (and nothing else) so thought that would be a good place to start. Will have a look at Xamarin and Firebase.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I wouldn't use Unity unless you specifically want one or more Unity features for your application, such as the update loop, the graphics or animation functionality, the physics engine, etc.

6. Enchiridion11

Enchiridion11

What is a good Unity alternative for making apps instead of games? Needs to be cross platform (android and iOS), preferably c# and integrate well with other APIs like Firebase.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I believe ferretnt already answered that, and you said you would have a look!

ferretnt likes this.
  8. enchiridion

enchiridion

Xamarin looks amazing, thanks for the suggestion!