Search Unity

Using Unity as a library in native iOS/Android apps

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by PavelLU, May 27, 2019.

1. mhaser

mhaser

There is a complete tutorial here.
    Can anyone provide detailed instructions on how to integrate the new library structure into a swift project?
    I need to add the unity player view in the background of another custom view.

2. IOZO

IOZO

Android Studio 3.5

For Android, I can compile and run the App with Android Studio 3.4.2. The last update with Android Studio 3.5 can still build the project but it crashes at start (Caused by java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: No implementation found for void com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRestartActivityIndicator() (tried Java_com_unity3d_player_UnityPlayer_nativeRestartActivityIndicator and Java_com_unity3d_player_UnityPlayer_nativeRestartActivityIndicator__)
    at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRestartActivityIndicator(Unknown Source))

Rolling back to Android Studio 3.4.2 allows me to build and run again

3. Cinqed

Cinqed

@auerfloriancom , I got pulled to another project earlier this summer. Any progress on the iOS side of the fence? Also, any chance you can share your WIP on the Xamarin.Android CustomRenderer? Didn't know if you meant "working for you" or "some other example" you know of... Thanks!

4. hyperhuzaifa

hyperhuzaifa

Assuming I am packaging Unity library with the main app (which I am not distributing through playstore),
    How do I export a game, bundle it and distribute dynamically it WITHOUT updating the whole app?
    Has anyone figured out Dynamic code update on Android?

5. sandeepsmartest

sandeepsmartest

Are looking out for Asset Bundles??

6. WellC

WellC

An issue:
    ios ,the device memory is not reduced when I executed this code .
      [UnityFrameworkLoad() unloadApplicaion: [B]true[/B]];

7. hyperhuzaifa

hyperhuzaifa

Nope. Assetbundles don't package scripts AFAIK. I want to be able to package arbitrary unity C# scripts and gave scenes that use them.

8. PavelLU

PavelLU

Unity Technologies

There is some improvements for memory to be better released, please try next Unity release starting from 2019.3.b4 version to see if helps in your case ,if not please report a bug.