Search Unity

Using Unity Analytics for education research

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by mvallance, Sep 11, 2015.

1. mvallance

mvallance

Hello. I am interested in the possibility of using Unity Analytics for education research.

For instance, I am developing a game/simulation in Unity 5.1 Personal Edition for Mac/PC. The game involves a series of tasks which must be completed. When finished I aim to have 2 groups of students "play" the game. Of course I can time the students and I can get feedback after the game has been completed. BUT I wonder what data I could capture of the students within the game using Unity Analytics? Or is Unity Analytics aimed at the business side of game development?
    I look forward to your thoughts and, if relevant and possible, then I will explore just how to integrate Unity Analytics into our Project.
    Many thanks.
    Michael Vallance
    Future University.

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @mvallance,

Using Unity Analytics you will be able to collect a very broad amount of data. For example, by using custom events you can track how many players perform a particular action like solving a puzzle or moving individual puzzle pieces, using Funnels you would be able to see how players complete sequential actions like how they progress through a level, and using segments you can create and view specific categories of users based on various data points like grouping all players who solved a puzzle in the United States in under three minutes.

Here is a link to our tutorial pages where you can read more about these features, http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/analytics

Good luck in your development!