Search Unity

Using Toolbar for runtime

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by khan-amil, Jun 5, 2020.

1. khan-amil

khan-amil

Is there a particular reason as to why the toolbar and its linked elements (ToolbarToggle, ToolbarSearch..) are in UnityEditor while the rest of the ui elements are in Runtime?

As you're pushing and building towards having UI toolkit usable at runtime it would be great to have all the elements available in runtime.

Kirsche likes this.
  2. Kirsche

Kirsche

Historically Unity does not like to put stuff into runtime that's less/not useful for mobile.

But since they now have the package system in place I'm hoping to see something like "UIElements.Desktop" so things like GraphView could be used ingame for modding or app development (non-gaming) in general.

3. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I vaguely remember that UI Toolkit is designed to be used for both Editor & Runtime UI. One UI tool instead of 2 separate ones like it used to be i.e. IMGUI for Editor and UGUI for Runtime.

So in the end it should be available for both editor & runtime. But I can imagine that some UI components may only be available for Editor only due to Editor API being used in them.

uDamian likes this.