Search Unity

Using this with server-based files loaded dynamically

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by GorseB, Jul 12, 2021.

1. GorseB

GorseB

I know the FAQ has this to say about using files:
    But I have been looking into adopting this platform for a project that involves dynamically generating a model that is shown to clients, the Reflect viewers (especially VR/AR) look really good, but basically on our data side we have a collection of FBX models, materials and mesh data for meshes to be generated dynamically that we need to use to generate the whole "Model"

Do you think it would be possible to setup a program to transcribe our data into a Reflect "project" that could then be shown in the viewer? or a way to use our data as-is?

Thanks

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hi GorseB!
    This is a feature that would require custom development, but it's definitely possible!
    The key here is to replace objects as they get streamed in. So if you have trees that are coming in from Revit, you can read the metadata, and when they match your criteria.
    We actually have samples in Reflect that do exactly this. If you look in the Package Manager, under the "Unity Reflect" package, there's a button that lets you import the samples. See here

On another note, I also have a prototype that lets you embed models in a Reflect project. let me know if that would interest you!

David

unity_aica01 likes this.