Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Using the tablet?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Raemon, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Raemon

Raemon

I'm not sure this is actually that great an idea, since tablets aren't exactly a standardized, commonplace input device. But I'm curious if there's any way for Unity game to deal with the pressure sensitivity of a Wacom tablet.

I was dragging some stuff around in photoshop on my cintiq, and I thought it'd be fun if I had a game character I could pick up and drag around, and then started thinking about various effects you might be able to do with a tablet that you couldn't with a mouse.

2. Jessy

Jessy

There's nothing built in; you'd have to do it with a plugin. The Terrain Engine doesn't even utilize pressure, let alone tilt, bearing, or rotation.

3. Raemon

Raemon

I want to clarify (not sure which you were referring to ) that I mean... can you publish a game for a computer that can use pressure sensitivity as an input device?

Example mechanic might be you draw a line across the screen with your mouse, and your character jumps up in that direction, but if you were using a tablet the game would be able to tell from your pressure whether to make it a big jump or a little jump.

4. Jessy

Jessy

Yes, with a plugin that you'd write. It requires Unity Pro, and won't work in a web browser.