Search Unity

Using The "any State" In The Animator

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ArachnidAnimal, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Here is what the manual says (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Transition.html)

Interruption Source property
    The transitions in AnyState are always added first in the queue, then other transitions are queued depending on the value of Interruption Source:

Note: This means that even with the Interruption Source set to None, transitions can be interrupted by one of the AnyState transitions.

Am I reading this correctly that when setting a trigger which goes from AnyState, then current transitions are supposed to be interrupted?

Because this is not the behavior that I am seeing using the Animator (2017.4.18).
    I am setting a trigger which goes from AnyState, and the transition is not occuring if the Animator is currently undergoing some other transition (if the Interruption Source is set to none).
    So am I understanding the manual correctly?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    EyasSH likes this.
  2. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

I have tested this numerous times. And it is not happeneing what the manual says.
    I have then gone into the transition which is not being "aborted" and set the interruption source to "Next State" . Now it appears to be working every time.

3. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

I agree with your interpretation of the manual, but the behaviour you are actually seeing (actually being able to control the any state interruptions) sounds more useful to me. It's possible that I'm just misunderstanding something though since I hate the AnimatorController system and don't use it.

It would probably be good to try it in the latest version of Unity and report a bug if it still doesn't line up with the manual.

4. HonoraryBob

HonoraryBob

It doesn't work for me even when setting it to "Next State" (or "Current State"). There is very little information on any of this in either the manual or Unity blog.

EyasSH likes this.
  5. benjaminsmith1981

benjaminsmith1981

Make sure you select the root transform for different axis and angles actually in the inspector for the animation file...

Attached Files: