Search Unity

Question Using Serial input????

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by rookie2017, Jul 11, 2021.

1. rookie2017

rookie2017

Good morning all,

So I'm sooooo frustrated, I can see the serial data coming in from arduino in the console, iys right there, laughing at me! its scaled properly for what I want.

This may be a dumb question, but what node do I use to bring that into my flow graph?

What can I use to transform the object position based on the information that I can see in the console.

2. rookie2017

rookie2017

Is my question so easy im being punished for asking such a stupid question,

Or is it that tough, lol

3. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

The subject may not be super mainstream, and it may just take a longer time to get an answer. I never worked with Arduino in Unity and I don't know how to properly set up a project to start to work with it.

I would suggest you look at anything that can be done in C# as it is easy to translate C# code to visual scripting.

You will possibly need to load assemblies and add extra types of your "Project Settings" Type Options and Node Libraries.

If you can show how you are setup, you may also find people with no experience in Arduino, interested in helping you.

4. rookie2017

rookie2017

Thanks for reply, for now, I just dropped in a c# script to assign the position. I'll keep playing with bolt later