Search Unity

Using real footage

Discussion in '2D' started by Strooja, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Strooja

Strooja

Hi Guys,

I am sorry I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this questions.If not please move somebody it to the right place. In my 2D Game,You can see a pc screen and I would like to know if it is allowed to show some real footage from counterstrike,starcraft or other games on this screen in a low resolution version when I captured this games by my own. Or is that not allowed?I want to sell this game on steam later. And if not has somebody a good Idea how I can create some footage which I can run on this screens?

I am happy about any advice.

2. Strooja

Strooja

No one any experience with that?

3. eses

eses

@Strooja

Well this has nothing to do with 2D graphics, maybe general discussion would be better place to get answers?

But it seems like you are not even slightly familiar with copyright laws.... as you didn't even mention word copyright.

So maybe google with proper keywords like "using copyrighted gameplay footage" - and start reading articles, forum discussions and blog posts you find.

You are basically creating "derivative work", and what is fair use (for the amount of material you borrow) is usually not so clear, so do your own research.

4. Strooja

Strooja

ah okay.Yes of course I know it has something to do with copyright.Sorry that I forgot to write it. I will give it a try to find something on google.Thanks for your help

5. eses

eses

@Strooja

For example, with the keywords I provided, you can already find good amount of discussions.

Strooja likes this.