Search Unity

Using Prepaid Cards on the Asset Store

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jaygummers, Jan 10, 2019.

1. jaygummers

jaygummers

Hey,

I am asking this question to the US based developers. Have you guys have tried to use any Prepaid Gift Cards on the Asset Store recently?

Did it work? Did you have any problems?

I used a Vanilla Gift Card sponsored by Visa but it got declined like 3 times. I than used it at a fast food Chinese food place and it worked fine so the card was good.

Which of the gift cards do you suggest as the one with the least amount of issues?

Thanks. :)

2. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

I routed my card through PayPal, something similar happened with me, but it was my bank.

jaygummers likes this.
  3. jaygummers

jaygummers

Should I contact my Bank or what?

4. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

If you have a bank, I'd use that instead of a prepaid visa. I dunno, I've seen a few people with this problem, I'd just bypass things and route through Paypal. It's set it and forget, plus it's insanely easier to use. #ThankYouElon.

And to answer your last question, they're all going to be the same amount of trouble. Things changed about 8 years back and there's a lot of rules and what-not now, they're all pretty similar.

jaygummers and Kiwasi like this.
  5. jaygummers

jaygummers

Thanks. Yes, I hope Elon makes it more easy for us to live. And I'll see if I can connect my bank account to PayPal without any error.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You would to contact the bank associated with the gift card. They will likely be able to tell you the decline reason.

7. jaygummers

jaygummers

Aaaah! I did that and Yes! They said that these types of issues do the concern the policies of the Bank for any further assistance.