Search Unity

Question Using one camera set to both eyes. Everything works fine, but cannot switch the game to another eye.

Discussion in 'VR' started by TomasSala-Falconeer, Oct 31, 2022.

1. TomasSala-Falconeer

TomasSala-Falconeer

Everything works fine on the game in VR, tested it with a bunch of headsets. However I cannot change the main game view render to another eye or any of the options. it's always right eye it seems , cannot ever switch.

This is the same in unity3d editor as it is in the SteamVR VR view option , there it's also always stuck on right eye.

I use a rig with a maincamera that's set to both eyes. But the VR and stereo works great so both left and right eye are working, just can never switch.

This is troublesome cuz it makes recording video for promotion tricky.

2. unity_mSSA0l7Cb35EEQ

unity_mSSA0l7Cb35EEQ

Hi, I maybe out of context, but I try to record a video from a VR headset camera but with the both eye for the video (and not a video of only one eye). Did you manage to record a video with both eye ?
    I've tried to use unity recorder package but i can get, like i say, a video of only one eye at the same time and not both

Thank you (and sorry if i'm out of context of your message)

3. Kingstantin_unity

Kingstantin_unity

Same here, did you find a way to record somehow from the "middle" between the eyes?