Search Unity

Using of Unity Assets Store in Unreal Engine 4

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YoniBE, May 28, 2015.

1. YoniBE

YoniBE

Hello!
    Can I use some assets from Unity Assets Store in my commercial projects in UE4?

Thanks for answering!
    Yoni.

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

From the unity assetstore licese agreements
    https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms
    It does not seem to restrict the use of the asset to be in conjunction with unity.(unless i missed something in the whole legal document)

3. alexcode5

alexcode5

Just came across this thread and thought I'd add this info from the support page:

https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-u...s-from-the-Asset-Store-in-my-commercial-game-

4. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

NOT ALL ASSETS USE THE SAME LICENSE. Be careful and read the license for each individual asset as some have more restrictions.

Guess I should have read the date on the original post. Sorry to help in furthering a pointless necro post.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. Bixx

Bixx

Where do you see the information about their licenses exactly? I can't seem to find it..

Also what does this mean exactly, I'm a bit confused by it? "You cannot duplicate an asset."

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  6. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

In the end user license agreement. I dont use the asset store much but i think its not very common for an asset to use something different than the standard unity eula. I do remember unity chan having some extra restrictions so I know an asset can have different restrictions but again I think they are mostly the same.
    I dont know what context this sentance is used in so I am unsure of its meaning.

7. LaneFox

LaneFox

The standard asset store eula allows you to use assets from the asset store in other engines.

Herald_of_Omega likes this.