Search Unity

Using Non convex mesh colliders with non Kinematic RigidBody

Discussion in 'Physics' started by unity_g6JWuk2cQm0Ksw, Aug 7, 2018.

1. unity_g6JWuk2cQm0Ksw

unity_g6JWuk2cQm0Ksw

Hello,

Is there a way we can use Non convex mesh colliders with non Kinematic RigidBody?, i keep getting the error saying that i can't with unity 5+.. It's really annoying especially when we import new models with no colliders on them..
    Thanx

2. Edy

Edy

As the error says, that's not supported in Unity anymore. This is due to changes in the underlying physics engine (nVidia PhysX). Non-kinematic rigidbodies must have convex mesh colliders. The only solution is decomposing the non-convex mesh collider into a set of convex mesh colliders.

3. EVOLdarkang3l1

EVOLdarkang3l1

Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported since Unity 5.
    If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "GameObject/JohnLemon/Root/Level/Corridors/Floor_DiningRoom", Mesh asset path "Library/unity default resources" Mesh name "Plane"
    im doing this for class and i do not understand what to do here can someone please help me fix this

4. ScienceTeamKevin

ScienceTeamKevin

If anyone else stumbles in on this issue I found a solution, basically unity only gets mad when a non-convex object render has a mesh COLLIDER. So by disabling the collider in the inspector, it all fixes itself.

P.S. This will only work if you have the non-convex object as a child of the object with a rigidbody.

5. creat327

creat327

that's not a solution. You are disabling the collider, obviously, if you have no collider, there is no issue.