Search Unity

Using new Steam VR Input Manger with WMR Controllers

Discussion in 'VR' started by markjanzen88, Sep 27, 2018.

1. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

Im using the Steam VR SDK to make VR projects that run on both HTC Vive and WMR and that has been working pretty good so far. I just updated my Steam VR and tried to use the new Input Manager that they have added using the defaults for HTC Vive. That works but now when I try it on the WMR system I get no controllers at all? My scene I was testing with is the new interactives that come with the new Steam VR 2.0 Unity.

Is there some type of setup guide for getting the WMR controllers working with the new Steam VR input manager? Thanks.

edit: After updating to the latest Steam VR the WMR controllers are showing up for me now but the gloves/hands are not so I still would like to have the same fuctionality as I have with the Vive controllers.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  2. jackpr

jackpr

Unity Technologies

Hello Mark,

If you are having trouble with the SteamVR plugin, you might find the information you are looking for on the SteamVR discussion boards.

https://steamcommunity.com/steamvr

3. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

Thanks I have posted this on the Steam VR forum too but does anyone have any experience with using Steam VR with WMR controllers with the new Steam VR binding system? Could you share your json file or post how you made it? Im just wanting the new glove models to show up.

4. ggaurav83

ggaurav83

Hello Mark,
    I am trying to do something similar. I have a custom glove based controller that I would like to connect it to Vive or Windows MR platform. I have not been able to figure this out yet, so thought I will check with you incase you've had any luck yet?

- Gaurav

5. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

no i actually had to revert my project to the older steam unity plugin (not just because of this issue)...i might be on this version for awhile unless valve makes this new input system easier to understand or provides some backwards compatibility...

6. AMAT_Sooraj

AMAT_Sooraj

I'm trying to do the exact same thing.. It works well for me in vive pro. I managed to get the gloves/hands and controllers show up for WMR controllers too. But it's just a fully open palm and not animating. How do I get the gloves to track the touches and button presses in WMR controllers?

7. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

i actually reverted to an older Steam VR Unity SDK so Im not using this new system. as an 3d Artist, I dont have the resources at the moment to learn the new system...

8. clint205

clint205

Did anyone figure this out? I am currently trying to get the hand to work for WMR like we have it working for the wands. We went with the withoutController option to have the open hands. Then the grip button causes the hand to close and point. We just really need that basic point on button press for the WMR. If anyone has a solution or an idea, we would love to hear it!

9. FabienAmet

FabienAmet

salut ! Sorry to re open this post. Have you find a solution to show Controller WMR with the Steam VR Asset ?