Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Using MSAA render target produce an error.

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by watsonsong, Mar 4, 2018.

1. watsonsong

watsonsong

When I create a render target by RenderTextureDescriptor and set the bindMS with ture, I get this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. A multisampled texture being bound to a non-multisampled sampler. Disabling in order to avoid undefined behavior. Please use Texture2DMS in the shader.
    Whats can I do when process this error?

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

BindMS means that we don't resolve the texture before binding it. It means taht each pixel has multiple samples so when you sample it you need to use a Texture2DMS instead of a Texture2D.

3. Pewldo

Pewldo

Hi I am not a coder but an artist, so I might be somewhat ignorant on this matter.

I've been using unity's old post processing without problems. But now that I've changed to the new system I get the abovementioned error when I try to combine post processing with SteamVR.

I am unsure on how to activate the Texture2DMS.

4. Pewldo

Pewldo

I figured it out.

Had to change the stereo rendering mode to multipass in XR management.

MajorBulldozer likes this.
  5. NoteMEdown

NoteMEdown

It is not ideal to use multipass rending for VR. This is not the best workaround. Multipass also won't work with URP at the moment.

6. VResearch

VResearch

Can you maybe suggest a solution, then?

7. glenneroo

glenneroo

I'm getting this error too but how do I even find out which texture is causing the issue? I have a lot of textures and just upgraded my project to 2020 with URP. The stacktrace shows absolutely no information.

VeganBurrito86 likes this.
  8. joshbowden42

joshbowden42

for me I was using the deferred rendering path in URP and I had Anti aliasing turned on in the quality section of the pipeline asset, as soon as I turned that off it I stopped getting those errors.

CupTama likes this.